on 8 September 2017
Capote threw his heart and soul into researching this and it shows through. All the details, all the little telling descriptions of characters - a benchmark work of true crime. Absolutely gets to the heart of the mundanity of a horrific crime, the impact on those affected and the impossibility of getting a satisfactory answer to "why did this happen". It gripped and fascinated me from start to finish.
on 21 October 2015
The timeless classic by Truman Capote. I read it years ago but have no idea what became of my original copy. I bought this terrific updated Penguin edition in order to read it again. I can't add anything to what has already been written about this book, just to mention that this is a worthy edition to buy if you are somewhat confused by all the versions out there.
on 7 September 2017
One of the best true-life accounts of a heinous crime I've ever read. Capote writes with great humanity, showing the perspective of the killers without justifying their horrific actions. This book stayed with me a long time after I finished it.
on 3 September 2017
Thank you for the book I lost my copy of this book I have read this book about four times I also enjoyed the film Capote thank you again kindest regards Patricia Thompson
on 15 May 2017
Great book, Makes you ask why one human could do such an awful thing to another. There are some very sick people out there,
on 7 April 2017
This was not an easy read but extremely well written and the plot structure is unique for a true life story
on 7 June 2017
A really interesting read and deservedly a best seller at the time.
on 20 May 2017
Truman Capote's book is one of the best I have ever read.
on 21 April 2017
A documentary style narrative with rich description.
on 17 May 2017
Good literature, good insight into a time and into a perennial problem. Masterly written, it is very much worth reading.