on 23 March 2016
I've used this charger for about a year before it broke. This is my review based on that.
It's not the best quality charger and I knew it based on the price I paid. So there was no big expectations.
Connection to the cigarette lighter socket is not that firm. So, sometimes it loose power to the phone while charging. Fortunately, my phone makes a tone when it's disconnected from the power so I simply tighten the connection again. This is bit rare, but still it's bit annoying (specifically if you are driving).
The wire is bit thin and of low quality, it broke just below the phone connection side after about a year. The connection to the phone is OK and there are no loose connections on that side.
Charging is slow, I'm not sure if it's common for any car charger. I've played a game while waiting in the car once and the battery drained slowly. Used Google navigation while connected, it barely kept the battery level.
I'm not a frequent traveller and therefore the use of this is very limited. I always charge my phone and rarely need to charge while driving. It barely managed to surve me that purpose for a year. Also it's cheap as chips. So I give it 3 stars.
If you are a occasional driver and need to use a car charger occasionally, then this is OK product.
However if you are a frequent traveller and most of the time needs to charge your phone, or usually use Google or any other navigation on the phone, then I recommend to spend a bit more on a better quality charger.
Hope this review helps someone out there!
on 6 September 2017
What was delivered is not the one in the picture. There is no red light to indicate the charger is powered up. Rather it is exact same model that I threw away last week after a few months working then quitting (not good if you rely on this for satnav). Why is the picture different, this is dishonest advertising? They are cheap, so that is good, and the recent order is working, so far.... but I would not trust it. Not recommended.
on 6 May 2015
Does the job that it was brought for, plugs into a 12 volt plug in between my two fronts seats. Sturdy enough for my use, and hasn't fell to bits!
Prefer to use this device more than the USB cable that comes from my cars "media centre"
When I use a USB cable (that plugs into my cars media centre), all the details of what I've done come up on my screen, and is a bit off putting, trying to reprogram information, pressing screens etc, but by using this little thing, my phone just charges. and thats it!
on 27 January 2016
I bought one of these for my mum a while back, and this one was fine and arrived quickly.
Now I have ordered one for myself and it took 2 months to arrive from China and is completely different from the first! With no box, it is just the standard USB to micro USB lead, with a separate car plug. Exactly the kind I DID NOT WANT!

This is the second time I have attempted to reorder a product I have already bought from Amazon and ended up with something different. Very disappointed.
on 1 March 2017
Probably one of the worst in car chargers I have used, worked for a short time but very quickly started being temperamental and now into an hour and a half drive your looking at getting about 10% charge if your lucky. This is just my experience of the product, I may of had one from a faulty batch, however I wouldn't recommend this one. You get what you pay for in this case.
on 7 May 2017
Excellent Item and service!
Delivered on time with good packing!
Very much pleased with the purchased! A good quality product as expected!
on 27 March 2018
Good charger with extra facility of a USB connection. This was not the exact one ordered but is ok. The first one sent was a really cheap version and seller sent this as replacement.
on 27 June 2017
did not use this until recently and it does not work in my car it may be the cars fault not sure
on 19 February 2016
Not really very good, phone thinks it's getting a charge but can't be much going in as phone struggles then dies on restart due to flat battery. S2's are known to have battery status issues but my mains chargers work fine, why should a 12v one be any different. Looking for high output car charger, this one doesn't seem to put any useful power out.
on 22 January 2016
Bought this model two years ago and has been stepped on, sat on and had things dumped on top of it. After two years of taking all that abuse at gave up. Can't say I blame it. Hope this one is up for a similar challenge.