- Paperback: 77 pages
- Publisher: Black Mental Health UK Ltd (17 July 2014)
- ISBN-10: 0992999502
- ISBN-13: 978-0992999506
Improving Cancer Screening Access for London's African Caribbean Communities Living with a Diagnosis of Mental Illness Paperback – 17 Jul 2014
|New from||Used from|
Paperback, 17 Jul 2014
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Cancer is the second leading cause of death among people who have been given a diagnosis of schizophrenia. It has been estimated that approximately one-third of cancer deaths could be prevented with early detection. This pan London study identifies the potential barriers are to early detection for a number of cancers for this stakeholder group, in light of their increased risk. The key findings and recommendations that sets out clear strategies for what works for this group. Essential reading for anyone with an interest in the mental health, cancer screening in Briton's black Communities including professionals such as clinicians, nurses, psychiatrists, managers of mental health trusts, members of mental health commissioning networks, lecturers teaching or students studying in the area of mental health, cancer care social work and race equality. Findings in this pre pilot study outline what cancer screening interventions people from the African Caribbean communities in London living with a diagnosis of common mental illness (CMI) or severe mental illness (SMI) are currently accessing. A must read for anyone working or interested in the 'parity of esteem' agenda, whether patients, carers, support workers, academics or you are just interested in equitable access to health care and social justice.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Diseases & Disorders > Mental Diseases & Disorders
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Public Health & Preventive Medicine
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z > Public Health & Preventive Medicine
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Multicultural Studies > Black Studies