VINE VOICEon 11 October 2012
Few would argue that English now spans the world: those who are in business, in aviation, medicine, banking and many others will require fluency in this most wonderful means of communication. Perhaps the irony is that though American influence and business prowess has assured its ascendancy, it has also placed it under more threat than ever before. I have no problem with an evolving language, nor the presence of 'Americanisms' that seem to creep in daily, it's just that many of the new words that we are encouraged to adopt by the barrage of American films are at best misleading and at worst ugly. I wonder just how soon it will be before my kids: 'get a coffee', 'do the math' and of course not know what periods are.

Books such as this wonderful slim, concise and informative volume will redress the balance and though I do not claim to have particular mastery of the English language; I recognise that my words, my ability to communicate, to argue my point of view and to advise those who seek it from me, has improved immeasurably since I took up an interest in improving my writing skills. For those who seek to nurture, enhance and refine the skills that we were very fortunate to be born with, this book is a perfect starting point.

I recognise that, for me, this will be a lifelong journey; and I now know that books like this will accompany me in my quest.
on 5 March 2014
Just when you thought you knew how to put a well constructed sentence together, along comes a smashing, informative and very helpful book like this which is a very useful tool for my studies.

Foundation degree students for English literacy and ESOL teaching or PGCE students, well worth he investment.
on 5 June 2014
This is an extremely useful book as it details the basics with really good explanations. I initially purchased the book for a friend who is learning English, but found it also helped my young daughter to understand the basic constructions of the English language very well indeed!
on 13 March 2016
Some parts of this book are good, other parts less so. There are large sections which are a pretty good, useful read though you will find it feels a bit like being back in your school English class. However, some other parts were a little contentious or dated so it's a mixed bag overall.
on 3 May 2010
RE: IMPROVE YOUR WRITTEN ENGLISH by MARION FIELD revised and updated 4th edition.

As a retired teacher of English Language and Literature, now teaching as a home based tutor in the East Midlands. I searched Amazon for a book I could use with my GCSE., AS and A Level students to help them relearn Written English: grammar, punctuation and spelling. Which does not seem to be taught well in schools these days - students are writing essays with no sound basic English structure knowledge on which to base their writing.

I found this book well written, easy to explain and follow with my students', and one which I recommend to them as worth buying to supplement their English at school.

Dr Richard J Harley MA., PhD
on 5 July 2011
This is an excellent book - one you can keep on the shelf to refer to whenever you need to check your grammar or punctuation.Improve Your Written English: Master the Essentials of Grammar; Punctuation and Spelling and Write with Greater Confidence (How to)
on 3 July 2014
I wish this book had been available when I was at school. It's been a great help to me,while editing a novel that Iv'e written.
on 12 December 2011
I received a very fast service. It also arrived well on time too, had it on time to do a essay.....truly amazed and now very grateful............
on 4 May 2016
This book is amazing. I thought my English was good until I started reading this book, and was surprised at how much more I was improving on my written English.
on 20 June 2014
An excellent overview for all those who have forgotten (or never learnt) the basic structure of grammar and how to apply it all.