- Actors: Rupert Everett, Colin Firth, Frances O'Connor, Reese Witherspoon, Judi Dench
- Directors: Oliver Parker
- Writers: Oliver Parker, Oscar Wilde
- Producers: Barnaby Thompson, David Brown, Uri Fruchtmann
- Format: PAL
- Language: English
- Subtitles: English
- Region: Region 2 (This DVD may not be viewable outside Europe. Read more about DVD formats.)
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9 - 2.35:1
- Number of discs: 1
- Classification: U
- Studio: Disney
- DVD Release Date: 21 July 2003
- Run Time: 97 minutes
- Average Customer Review: 4.3 out of 5 stars See all reviews (128 customer reviews)
- ASIN: B000063W2L
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 10,748 in DVD & Blu-ray (See Top 100 in DVD & Blu-ray)
Other Sellers on Amazon
The Importance Of Being Earnest [DVD] 
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
DVD Special Features:
- Audio commentary with Director Oliver Parker
- The making of The Importance of Being Earnest
- Behind the Scenes
DVD Technical Information:
- Closed captioned
- Running time: 90 minutes
The Importance of Being Earnest is a comedy masterpiece set during the Victorian era. The film concerns a pair of flamboyant bachelors called Algy (Rupert Everett) and Jack (Colin Firth) who secretly lead double lives. Using aliases and false alibis, the pair woo respectable ladies by day and cavort in music halls at night. Through countless blunders and haphazard tomfoolery, it is only a matter of time before they are caught out by their own lies. Sparkling dialogue, razor-sharp wit and electric performances make The Importance of Being Earnest unforgettably funny, whilst the grandiose sets and fabulous period costumes add romance and charm. Reese Witherspoon is radiant as Cecily, an alluring English rose, and Judi Dench puts in a fantastic performance as Lady Bracknell.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top customer reviews
The odd re-write and omission, together with scenes transposed and distributed between settings, may disturb those who know the play well, but as a film it is a pleasure.