Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Best of 2017 Shop now Shop now

on 7 May 2006
I bought this book prior to going to medical school, aiming to be able to get my head around some immunology before I got there. The "at a glance" formula, giving a concise summary of a topic seemed to be ideal for this sort of thing where you wilfully sacrifice depth for breadth of coverage.

However I don't think it's a good buy. If you're after a basic grounding in everything I'd recommend Lauren M. Sompayrac's How the immune system works which is easy to read and provides a good introduction to everything. If after reading that you feel you need more depth then "at a glance" definitely isn't the book for you but I found Roitt's Essential Immunology very useful.

Judging by the number of copies of this book that appear (virtually mint) in the med-school second hand book sales, I suspect I'm not the only one to feel this way!
on 14 March 2008
I would not recommend this book if you wish to learn about the basics of Immunology. Other similar books are significantly better. I would recommend the Elsevier's Integrated Immunology and Microbiology instead or Immunology: An Illustrated Outline (Male).

This book was easily one of the worst books I have had the misfortune to use. Very confusing, with far too much assumed knowledge. Too complex for the At A Glance series, and certainly not for undergraduates. Some of the chapters are simply baffling and not required at an undergraduate level.

A very poor let down in the otherwise very good At A Glance series. Medicine At A Glance - buy, buy, buy. It is very good.
on 12 March 2014
I purchased this book for just one pence excluding delivery as a used book. The book arrived 2 days before the earliest delivery estimate and looks brand new with clean pages. The book's spine showed no marks of usage. I bought a used book so that I could take it around on trains and buses and not worry about it getting damaged. But this book looks so good I've decided it stays safely at home!

The book itself is an excellent revision guide for 1st year medical students. I'm using it alongside some larger immunology books, but weeks before the exam this becomes the only Immunology book I use.

I would recommend the seller (g.e.t.b.o.o.k.s) and the book.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 24 September 2013
It's a good book to get the jist of it. If you want a lot of detail on specific aspects maybe not the one to get, but great overview of immunology.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse