Immunology at a Glance Paperback – 19 Dec 2000
|New from||Used from|
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"It is pitched at the right level for 2nd MB students and will also act as a useful reminder to those students embarking on Part IV Pathology." St. Mary′s Hospital Gazette <!––end––>
"Professor Playfair has succeeded in offering a condensed, readable notebook or dictionary of immunology whose greatest worth rests with the simple yet intricate figures which highlight the 34 chapters." Trends in Biotechnology on the fourth edition
From the Back Cover
Immunology at a Glance is designed to be a concise, readily accessible introduction and revision aid for undergraduate medical and science students. Following the now familiar, easy–to–use format, each topic is presented as a double–page spread with key facts accompanied by clear,
informative line diagrams illustrating the essential points.
The seventh edition of this popular immunology textbook has been completely updated to ensure that core knowledge about immunology is summarized in the ′at a glance′ format.
Immunology At A Glance will continue to appeal to all students of biomedical science and medicine who want a quick, yet thorough grasp of immunology.
- Condenses the subject into 41 double–page spreads, each corresponding roughly to a 50 minute lecture.
- Presents a schematic diagram on the left page and a concise explanation on the right showing the mechanisms involved in immunological processes.
- Has been completely updated with particular emphasis on recent understanding of the genetic basis of immune responses Immunology at a Glance will continue to appeal to all students of biomedical science and medicine who want a quick, yet thorough, grasp of immunology.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
However I don't think it's a good buy. If you're after a basic grounding in everything I'd recommend Lauren M. Sompayrac's How the immune system works which is easy to read and provides a good introduction to everything. If after reading that you feel you need more depth then "at a glance" definitely isn't the book for you but I found Roitt's Essential Immunology very useful.
Judging by the number of copies of this book that appear (virtually mint) in the med-school second hand book sales, I suspect I'm not the only one to feel this way!
The book itself is an excellent revision guide for 1st year medical students. I'm using it alongside some larger immunology books, but weeks before the exam this becomes the only Immunology book I use.
I would recommend the seller (g.e.t.b.o.o.k.s) and the book.
This book was easily one of the worst books I have had the misfortune to use. Very confusing, with far too much assumed knowledge. Too complex for the At A Glance series, and certainly not for undergraduates. Some of the chapters are simply baffling and not required at an undergraduate level.
A very poor let down in the otherwise very good At A Glance series. Medicine At A Glance - buy, buy, buy. It is very good.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Internal Medicine > Diseases & Disorders > Immunology
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Other Branches of Medicine
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Education > Teaching Aids
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Education Studies