on 4 October 2014
Made a few recipe, very authentic i recommend definitely.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 9 December 2004
Very well put together book - If you are interested in the food of this region, this is the book to own. I borrowed one & then just had to own my own! The history of the regions covered is explored & this gives an interesting insight as to how this has influenced the cuisine in each area. The book then takes you on a culinary journey, with well illustrated & explained recipes for you to follow along the way. All the favorites are here & many new & inspiring dishes as well. Much additional information about the food is given, with even the nutritional values for each dish at the end of the book! You will love this book for many years to come & your family & friends will love the food you prepare for them.
on 28 June 2011
I bought this book so I could do a Caribbean themed dinner party. And it did not disappoint - I picked out a few recipes to try and particularly enjoyed the Thyme and Lime Chicken! It also gave me some ideas for other places to 'visit' for another dinner party in the future
on 30 November 2005
This is a good book if you want a culinary tour of all the islands, and I agree with the other reviewers comments. This book is a good choice and at £12, represents excellent value for money.
The recipes for the dishes I am already familiar with appear to be very authentic, and deserve top marks. In addition to this, the recipes are illustrated with some beautiful photographs.
My only 'criticism' of this book is that given the size of it, it didn't contain as many Jamaican & Barbados recipes as I would have liked, and this was the reason I bought the book (the recipes from Central and Latin America were simply a bonus for me to have) That said, the Jamaican & Barbados recipes that were in there were wonderful.