The Idolatrous Eye: Iconoclasm and Theater in Early Modern England Hardcover – 1 Jan 2000
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Idolatrous Eye powerfully reads not just Elizabethan, but all of post-classical Western European drama, as a crucible for the epistemological struggle between word and image over the mystery of the Incarnation. (Religion and the Arts)
Learned and well-argued ... the work will benefit all students and scholars of the English theatre and stands as an important contribution to our evolving appreciation of the origins of early modern theatre in England. (Modern Language Review)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Criticism & Theory > Modernism
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Performing Arts > History
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Performing Arts > Plays & Drama
- Books > Poetry, Drama & Criticism > Drama
- Books > Poetry, Drama & Criticism > History & Criticism
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Religious Studies