Ideology: A Very Short Introduction (Very Short Introductions) Paperback – 26 Jun 2003
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
This book, though physically small, is large in intellectual stature...For students of politics or lay readers wishing to know about ideology, one could not wish for a better text. It is a splendid model of consicison and clarity...an excellent little book that provides the best introduction available to the 'concept of ideology.' It is to be highly recommended. (Andrew Vincent, Contemporary Political Theory)
About the Author
Michael Freeden is Professor of Political Theory at the University of Nottingham and Emeritus Professor of Politics, University of Oxford. His books include The New Liberalism: An Ideology of Social Reform (Oxford, 1978); Liberalism Divided: A Study in British Political Thought 1914-1939 (Oxford, 1986); Ideologies and Political Theory: A Conceptual Approach (Oxford, 1996); Ideology: A Very Short Introduction (Oxford, 2003); Liberal Languages: Ideological Imaginations and 20th Century Progressive Thought (Princeton, 2005); The Political Theory of Political Thinking (Oxford, 2013), and The Oxford Handbook of Political Ideologies (co-edited, Oxford, 2013). He is the founder-editor of the Journal of Political Ideologies. In 2012 he was awarded the Sir Isaiah Berlin Prize for Lifetime Contribution to Political Studies by the UK Political Studies Association and the Medal for Science of the Institute of Advanced Studies, Bologna University.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Don't discount this text due to it's title ('An introduction to...') while it is an introduction in some senses, it is very in-depth and informative in others.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Political History
- Books > Poetry, Drama & Criticism > Poetry > Anthologies
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Spirituality > Inspirational
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Philosophy
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences