Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Worried Blues Fitbit

on 27 December 2012
"Free download" is very misleading. Firstly you have to use your kindle email address in order to get past the registration page. Then, the only way you get anything free is by paying an annual subscription for the magazine. Once you agree to that, the first 2 months are free. FREE download? I don't think so!
0Comment| 189 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 January 2013
Having subscribed to this on a free trial I expected to be able to see the latest Ideal Home magazine, however I am unable to access any publication. The only option seems to be to purchase at £3.99. The experience is disappointing.
on 16 November 2012
will not get past the register screen, what a shame as was really looking forward to viewing mags! Real let down!!!
0Comment| 149 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 31 December 2012
Forced to register before access granted but impossible to register so haven't managed to view!! So not impressed with hurdles to overcome.
on 31 March 2013
Purchased a single mag edition which kept hanging and crashing, now can't access the mag at all, also seems to want me to have an annual sub to view something I already paid for. V annoying. Also unless u have a stupid kindle email u can't even access any assistance.
on 30 April 2013
Too small to view on iPad, I want to cancel but can't see how. I would like to cancel this.
on 26 May 2013
I downloaded this when it was the Kindle offer of the day - one month free with ability to cancel monthly repeating subscription for no penalty within the first thirty days.

After downloading I 'flicked' through the magazine. Firstly, I noticed the digital monthly price would be 49p more expensive than the £3.50 cover price of the printed magazine. I think this is disgusting.

The magazine features a number of spreads across the fold, but the app has no way of viewing these images in their entirety.

When I click forwards to view the next page an annoying image heavy scroll-bar rolls up from the bottom of the screen and one has to wait for it to disappear by itself - this is visually noisy, frustrating and prohibits easy flicking through of the magazine.

I got the free trial because I wasn't familiar with the content. I have more of a handle now and it's really a bit tedious - this is to beige what Elle Decoration is to whitewashing. Each article has a banal 'house value' box indicating the monetary value of the owner's property from when they bought it to now; this not only ignores fundamentals which affect value such as regional variation, the changing national market and any other work to the property which may affect a valuation but is pretty much a waste of space anyway simply being a basic calculation of (purchase value) + (cost of interior work to featured room) = (new valuation). That is, with the exception of any London property which has skyrocketed in value but by such a level is clearly irrelevant of the office/nook or "neutral toned" (read "bland") living room overhaul and would have been valued at an obscene new price even if the owner had installed two crack addicts instead of a Smeg built in oven and a wallcovering based on Bobby Sands' dirty protests instead of a cornfield magnolia paintscheme such is the disproportionate and unhealthy London-centric property market in London.

After wasting ten minutes of my life racing to the end of Ideal Home I started to look for how I could cancel my subscription for free to avoid any more of my money being spent on perpetuating this mess. I'm very computer literate but haven't yet found the 'cancel subscription' option anywhere in the app or within my Amazon account screen. this only makes it appear more like a lobster pot of a scam - tempt someone in then make it difficult for them to freely leave, draining another £4 off them for every month they can't find or are too busy to remember to hunt for, the 'cancel subscription' offer.

As magazines go I'd rather take out a subscription to the Jihadist rag 'Inspire', and as for interior design ideas I'll stick with World Of Interiors which has ideas, colour, good photography and more aspirational design features.
on 14 November 2012
have a free trial at the moment but the app just hangs and we cant view anything! can't see a fix
on 30 December 2012
On the Kindle it states free but once downloaded it then states a subscription purchase. A bit of wishful thinking on my behalf I think, hoping the back issues for Kindle were at least free.
0Comment| 160 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 April 2013
this is billed as a free trial but when I followed the links I found that I have to provide all my details for an annual subscription and then cancel if I dont like it after the first free issue. I thought that sort of marketing ploy went out of fashion years ago. As i dont want to give all my payment details and sign up for an annual mag subscription - i just wanted to see whether the on line version works for me - I have not completed the transaction and therefore cant see the mag and cant give a view. Disappointing.