Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE delivery
+ FREE delivery
+ FREE delivery
2 year Accidental Damage & Breakdown Coverfrom London General Insurance Company Limited
- 2yr accidental damage cover (from purchase) and 1yr breakdown cover (starting 12 months from purchase).
- E-mail delivery of policy documents; by post on request. Cancel any time; full refund within 45 days, proportional thereafter.
- If your product cannot be repaired, you choose between a replacement or an Amazon Gift Card to the value of a replacement.
- Only covers products purchased on the same day from amazon.co.uk.
- Read the Insurance Product Information Document, other important information and policy terms and conditions before purchase by following the link(s) below and check the policy meets your needs.
Icy Dock 4-in-1 SATA Hot Swap Backplane RAID Cage Hard Drive Case
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Fits 4 x 2.5" SATA I / II / III HDD/SSD
- Accommodates Drives with up to 15mm Height
- Full Metal EZ Slide Mini Tray System with Full Cage Design.
- mall Form Factor Perfect for IPC, Servers, and Small Form Factor Cases.
- Fits 4 Drives into a Single 5.25" Device Bay.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Compare with similar items
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Introducing the Icy Dock MB994SP-4SB-1 Full Metal Quad Bay 2.5" SATA 6Gbps backplane for use in a single 5.25" device bay. The MB994SP-4SB-1 is predicated off the incredibly popular MB994SP-4S, while taking its general concept but, with a SATA only interface and adding the fan power switch. In addition, there is only one 4 pin power connector that will reduce the amount of cables required. The MB994SP-4SB-1 allows for many more users to use this backplane in their homes with the reduced cost. The dual 40mm cooling fans to in addition to the power switch for the fans allow for the best flexibility – Turn off when using SSD’s and on when using mechanical SATA hard drives. Furthermore, this device utilizes Active Power Technology, so that the device only power up if there are drives installed. The MB994SP-4SB-1 is constructed of full metal to hold up in the toughest of conditions. It includes ventilation slots on the front and back for maximum airflow to keep your drives running cool, and an LED is placed on the front of each drive tray to give the user drive status at all times. The MB994SP-4SB-1 utilizes our EZ Slide Mini Trays, making drive interchangeability and maintenance completely hassle free. The trays are built using full metal so that they are durable for many lifetimes, but will not weigh you down when transporting your data from system to system. And featuring a full cage design, the added top drive cover provides added protection while moving the drive. The trays are also designed to accommodate 9.5mm, 12.5mm & 15mm drives giving you the ultimate universal 2.5" hot swap bay. Utilizing its small form factor, the MB994SP-4SB-1 is perfect for use in gaming PCs, small form factor cases where 5.25” bays are limited and large drive capacity or SSD’s are needed. This also will benefit compact RAID 5 systems. It is built to function in the most demanding environments including military and law enforcement deployment, as well as manufacturing conditions such as embedded control systems and factory automation systems. The heavy metal design makes it ideal for placement in rugged environments. Interchangeable tray with: Features: * Fits 4 x 2.5" SATA I / II / III HDD/SSD. * Accommodates Drives with up to 15mm Height. * Fits 4 Drives into a Single 5.25" Device Bay. * 1 x 4 pin power connector to reduce cable connections. * Status LED on Front for Each Drive. * Full Metal EZ Slide Mini Tray System with Full Cage Design. * Small Form Factor Perfect for IPC, Servers, and Small Form Factor Cases. * Fan Power Switch Allow User to turn off the fans when using SSD. * Front, Rear, Top, and Bottom Ventilation Slots. * Dual 40mm Cooling Fans. * Heavy Duty Full Metal Construction. * Support SATA 6Gbps. * Top Cover for the Tray Adds Extra Drive Protection. * Active Power Technology – Device only power up if there are drive installed.
1 x MB994
1 x Manual
1 x Screw set
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This is a neat solution for upgraders. Most PCs have a full-size optical drive. This solid unit is the same size and will physically fit in the same place.
It is not a cheap solution. Apart from the cost of the unit itself, you need to factor in the cost of a new half-height optical drive, but also the cost of the 2.5 inch disk drives. It can be fiddly to fit, especially fitting the half-height optical drive with those very small screws, but hey, no gain without pain!
It looses one star, because you will need to ensure that you have TWO spare 4-pin MOLEX power sockets in your PC, so factor in the need for an "adapter" power cable along with your two extra SATA data cables!
1) You need ultra short mounting screws to fit this drive cage into a drive bay (I'm talking 1 or 2mm long). Regular length screws (once tightened) protrude too far into the case which then catches on the drive cages so you are unable to insert or remove the individual drive cages properly!
2) I have been using the icy dock for less than a month now and the fans in the unit have started to make an appalling grindy/buzzy noise.
Fortunately (?!?) the unit disassembles quite easily so I will be able to replace the two 40x40x10mm 12V fans, however, I was not expecting to carry out such an operation after only a month. If I could I'd add half a star back on for the ease with which the unit comes apart (and goes back together). Just a matter of removing 4 screws (2 either side of the case) and the fans and SATA connectors come out easily . A simple but effective design.
- The product fits into a 5 3/4" bay without any problems
- The ability to turn off the fans so it's silent. I am using it with the built-in fans turned off as it only contains SSD's.
- The installed drives were picked up and functioned without any issues and without a noticeable speed difference
- The power connector at the back seems a bit flimsy. When connecting the 4-pin connector I was concerned about pressing it too hard. It didn't break but I shouldn't have to worry about this on an enclosure with such a solid metal design.
- It comes with very small screws. I understand these are required to allow the cages to slide in / out but I feel there should have been a better solution. The screws also round-off very easily, i'm using a minimal number as I only have SSD's.
- The individual drive cages are a bit flimsy. After a screw rounded off in one of them I had to use a little force to remove it. This caused the drive cage to bend and no longer slide in/out of the enclosure. To correct this I simply bent the cage back to the correct shape and it's fine again now. This wouldn't have been an issue if the screws were better or the cages were tougher.
Given all of the above cons the price (£62) seems a bit high, especially as i'm not really utilising it for hot swapping and only SSD's. Still this was the only unit I could find which placed four drives into a single bay and had a fan off switch. For the nice clean look it has given my PC I'm still happy I purchased it but can only justify giving it 3 / 3.5 stars.
Very Pleased with product will buy from again
One problem is it won't fit into any slider racks without removing the back screws and not being able to lock/unlock when in a slider rack. Doesn't effect me that much but I never saw the use of the lock in the first place, would have preferred some flashing lights instead Just to look fancy
as what is the point of hiding the SSDs without replacing them with something that sounds and looks cool to your friends