- Also check our best rated Wii U Game reviews
Icewind Dale - Triple Pack (PC DVD)
- The Icewind Dale: Ultimate Collection contains: Icewind Dale 2 2 CDs, Icewind Dale: Heart of Winter
- The Barbarian - A merciless warrior of the north, call upon your greater strength, speed and rage to
- The Monk - A master of hand-to-hand combat and unarmed in battle, the power of wisdom is your greatest weapon
- The Sorcerer - A natural spell caster, tainted by the blood of dragons, draw upon the raw power with
- New character races like the Drow and Aasimar add to an extensive array of character options.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Journey deep into the Spine of the World, a harsh and unforgiving environment teaming with merciless beasts and terrible dangers. In this exclusive adventure pack developed by award-winning Black Isle Studios, are the full versions of Icewind Dale, Icewind Dale. Heart of Winter, Icewind Dale II, the critically acclaimed soundtrack for Icewind Dale, bonus CDs, including Icewind Dale and Icewind Dale: Heart of Winter strategy guides, an additional level, and a set of 4 character portraits from Icewind Dale II.Icewind DaleBattle Ice Trolls, Giants, and hordes of terrifying Undead. Over 150 types of new monsters that will put your courage to the test in real-time combat.
Journey deep into the Spine of the World, a harsh and unforgiving environment teaming with merciless beasts and terrible dangers. In this exclusive adventure pack developed by award-winning Black Isle Studios, are the full versions of Icewind Dale, Icewind Dale. Heart of Winter, Icewind Dale II, the critically acclaimed soundtrack for Icewind Dale, bonus CDs, including Icewind Dale and Icewind Dale: Heart of Winter strategy guides, an additional level, and a set of 4 character portraits from Icewind Dale II.
Battle Ice Trolls, Giants, and hordes of terrifying Undead. Over 150 types of new monsters that will put your courage to the test in real-time combat.
- Adventure through a wide range of beautifully rendered environments, from ancient ruins to volcanic caverns and icy plains.
- Multiplayer support for up to six players over LAN or Internet connections.
Icewind Dale: Heart of Winter
- Continue your adventure in five huge new areas that add directly into the original Icewind Dale.
- Hack your way through a host of never-before-seen monsters to discover over 100 new items and 59 new spells.
Icewind Dale II
- Conquer hordes of monsters in epic battles utilizing the 3rd Edition Dungeons &Dragons rule set.
- Cast over 300 powerful spells, clash with fierce new monsters, and collect hundreds of new items on your journey.
- Embark on your adventure with a pre-made party, or customize each character.
- Multiplayer support for up to six players for the ultimate gaming experience.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
There are so few games where you can create your full party of 6 members and I probably enjoyed doing this as much as playing the game.
Plot was good and I found the game challenging.
If you like RPGs and do not mind dated graphics and style it is a very good price for hours of entertainmnet
Icewinddale is basically, just the fighting, with more fighting and extra fighting. Sometimes they come at you from infront, other times they appear all around to ambush, etc, etc.
Still it`s very enjoyable, but I would advise playing with a friend as multiplayer campaign is perfect. My daughter and I played through this and together it wasn`t so bad.I can imagine playing solo in Icewind being a tad more boring.
Perhaps it simply takes too much time and effort to make anything as deep as BG2 again, so they plumb for a quick rpg riding on the BG2 name?
I just need to say that the music and artwork is absolutely excellent and like someone else says, memorable.
All rpg fans should get this, but just expect more of a fighting fest throughout.
The graphics were comparable (all three games share the same engine) and the gameplay was almost identical. The music was excellent and certain tunes stayed with me ever since. The storyline was nothing to complain about - after all, any story set in "the spine of the world" can hardly go wrong! What I did not appreciate was the rushed feeling of a job on an impossible deadline.
In order to prolong the duration of the game, much smaller maps were stuffed with a far greater number of powerful foes - and almost nothing could be solved without combat. As a result, what was expected to be an enjoyable experience turned into a chore of endless autopausing, retargeting and constant battling.
Having said the above, I must admit that, in hindsight, my complains seem trivial. Little did I know at the time how far into hell greed would drive the gaming industry. Compared to 3-4 hour games, extra charges for essential content, Limited Installations and RootKits (of the likes of StarFORCE and SecuROM), well, games such as the ICEWIND DALE saga stand out as landmarks in PC-gaming history.
The expansion (THE HEART OF WINTER) improved things somewhat but the series did not find its stride until the very good ICEWIND DALE II. I remember spending endless hours with the sequel and can compare it to the original BALDUR's GATE.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews