Customer reviews

on 27 November 2013
Seasick:
Another brilliant story by the great IRW and as usual wonderfully presented! that cover alone gave the creeps....
Not sure I will ever go on a cruise again!

The attention to detail of the ship coupled with the well rounded characters, gives you a sense of "being there" which is really not good when Hell follows you on board!
The great interspersed plot lines give a real sense of depth to the characters; IRW has an amazing knack of bringing in characters you have already read about in his other novels, showing you a completely different side to them.

A fantastic twist on the zompoc, a bit of thriller thrown in for good measure, for those that love a sting in the tale you wont be disappointed; the sense of isolation and foreverness really got me!

As for the other reviewer comment re being made into a film... that would be awesome, can already picture various scenes in my head!

Loved the ending..... talk about doubt your own habits!

Sam:
It is no secret that I am an avid IRW fan; but this book is in a league of its own.
I had chills up my back and literal goosebumps reading this in my lounge with the fire on!
The basis of the story is in the blurb - but this does not show you the in depth characterisation, I now feel I know these people and I miss them, and fear them.
There are a lot of red herrings along the way, a full shoal one could say.
A murder/mystery wrapped up in a haunted house with the Devil as its host.
Everyone in this novel seems to have an alternative reason for being there, as Mulder says - trust no one!
When the going gets heavy, Tim (the Shaggy without his Scoopy) springs up with a daft comment that makes you smile, easing the horror just enough for IRW to slap you round the head a little later on.

Days later I am still a little spooked about this novel. An A+ read which deserves so many more stars than 5.
on 4 May 2013
This mega pack kept me awake till after midnight for 3 nights running and i get up at 5am, been a while since i have done that. Top rate British horror, simple as that
on 16 March 2013
Iain rob wright is a great horror writer. I hadn't read any horror books for years but I was really engrossed in these!
on 17 February 2014
These were an enjoyable group of tales. Well worth a read, give this a go its a very good read
on 13 August 2014
like this author excellent story well stories especially sam that's the best story