- Also check our best rated HD Camcorder reviews
IPEVO Ziggi-HD High-Definition USB Document Camera
|Price:||£99.00 FREE UK delivery.|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 5.0 Megapixel camera for exceptional high-definition images, A variety of high-definition and standard-definition resolutions up to 2592 x 1944
- High-resolution formats and a 6X zoom to capture even the smallest text and other fine details
- Multi-jointed stand and swiveling head for effortless, versatile capture
- Built-in microphone for web conferencing, podcasting and demonstrations
- Robust IPEVO Presenter software with a complete image capture toolkit, Integrated Evernote support for sending Ziggi-HD images to your Evernote Notebook
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
IPEVO has raised the bar yet again with Ziggi-HD. With new high-resolution formats, up to 6x zoom, and a powerful 5.0 Megapixel camera, Ziggi-HD delivers stunning real-time HD video for teachers, presenters, and businesspeople. With a 5.0 Megapixel camera, Ziggi-HD is capable of astonishing high-definition clarity and stunning details from as close as 2 inches (5cm) away. From small text, intricate science diagrams, and fine artwork details all the way up to entire A3 sheets, the versatile Ziggi-HD brings your teaching materials to life. Three additional resolutions - up to a whopping 2592 x 1944 pixels - along with a 6x zoom mean there is virtually no limit to the details you can project for everyone to see. Ziggi-HD shares it all. Ziggi-HD features the same versatility that makes the original Ziggi such a hit with educators and businesspeople. This includes a multi-jointed stand so you can position the camera just where you need it, and a swiveling head so you can get the right orientation. If you haven't used Ziggi, you'll be amazed at just how easy it is to capture what you want.IPEVO Presenter software delivers even more tools to help you get the most out of your camera, including 6x zoom, mirroring, automatic and manual exposure controls, convenient autofocus, and a snapshot review mode.Quickly and easily send Ziggi-HD snapshots directly to your Notebook in Evernote, a multifaceted notetaking application. A built-in microphone - perfect for Skype and more - is another of Ziggi-HD's improvements.Forget that old overhead projector or those expensive, bulky and hard-to-use document cameras. Stunning HD video for your teaching materials doesn't have to cost a fortune. Ziggi-HD makes teaching and presenting more effective, more affordable, and more fun.
IPEVO Ziggi-HD USB Document Camera, Anti-glare Shield, Quick Start Guide
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
* The product does what it says and is very easy to install and use - good software interface
* Full 5 megapixel sensor (not the interpolated pseudoresolution that you get in multi-'megapixel' webcams)
* USB powered (no batteries or separate transformer needed).
* Heavy base and useful 'anglepoise' stand.
* I used this with a 3m USB 2.0 extension cable and it still works.
* The first one I got had an irritating 'fixed blurry dark spot' in the corner - probably a dust particle on the sensor chip (not on the lens - otherwise it would have been easy to clean off. The lens, BTW, is a tiny pinhole lens). I returned this and got a replacement. The replacement also has some faint small dark spots but as these were barely visible I settled for it. It seems this model is prone to such defects, so beware.
* I reported the above problem to the IPEVO help desk but they didn't even respond to my email - so a big thumbs down to IPEVO customer services (the retailer, however, was very good at arranging a return / replacement, thankfully).
* Live motion is noticeably delayed when using the full 5MP resolution. However, most motion display devices (TV, video projector) do not display at 5MP so you can overcome this by selecting a lower resolution when doing live demos and only use the full 5MP resolution when you are capturing stills.
* The autofocus function works but can be very slow to respond.
I don't think you can get a computer-controlled true 5 megapixel colour digital camera with autofocus for less money or even similar money. If you think you can - please let me know the details by leaving a comment reply to this review.
For reference: this is what Aforge reckons it can get out of it (I've not independently verified these, but the frame rates appear right):
30 fps at 640 x 480 and 1280 x 720
15 fps at 800 x 600, 1024 x 768 and 1600 x 1200
4 fps at 1920 x 1080 and 2048 x 1536
2 fps at 2592 x 1944
I mostly use the 1600 x 1200 at 15 fps; it's fast enough to follow my hand movements when writing without looking noticeably blurred (although there is some delay), and the resolution is enough for me. But it's very useful to be able to move up to the highest resolution to zoom into show the details on something really small. As other reviewers have noted there doesn't seem to be an HD webcam that takes advantage of USB3 rates on the market, certainly not anywhere near this price point.
Drivers appear solid (Windows 7). I've not had any problems so far, and am very pleased with it. A built-in light would have helped when focusing on small components with the head very close to the desk, but at this price I'm not complaining.
I'm less enthusiastic about the quality of the videos you can make with it, but that's not what I bought it for primarily.
Over all, I'm very satisfied with it, given the price I paid for it.
Build quality is superb, it has a nice finish and it is for this reason I give it 2 stars not 1. It has a lovely design, truly, it's nice to open, it's so well made, I speak highly of it because it is physically good!
The camera is... not bad either, it does well in low light (lots of ISO noise as you'd expect) and the autofocus is great, it's not quick but it does get it right, I put it straight on "Single" (S) meaning "only focus when I tell you to" and this works, I tried continuous, the camera has such a small aperture it isn't really needed and difficult to test.
I did these tests with it as high as it could be over a table, with a book and some papers as the subject.
So you're probably wondering why did I want to give it one star?
The camera's compression is awful, worse than awful, useless even.This isn't ISO noise, this is compression noise, text is unreadable due to the weird squares and compression artifacts surrounding, I tested these at: 720p 24FPS, any higher meant the frame-rate became no more than 3 frames per second) I'll post some samples when I can. This camera does support HD (and beyond) resolutions but the image is not fit for purpose due to the compression noise. I can't stress enough, it's not high ISO noise (a symptom of poor light) it is compression.A page of text looks like a page of text but the lossful compression used means not a line of it is legible.
Oh and the microphone on mine just records a weird hissing sound!
In short, unboxing this camera is deceptive, it's a lovely device and so well made but it is not fit for purpose, the image quality piped to the computer is beyond awful. It is false advertising to call it a "document camera"
Considerin for example you want to fill out a form, there is a time lapse between you moving your hand and showind on the screen.
The lag gets more noticeable as you increase resolution.
If you don't need to write, then you are ok.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
But if you are... forget it.Read more