Customer reviews

on 12 December 2013
they come together and create a magic technology and manage to take on the more brutal selfish greedy side of humanity which is always there under the carpet and they are there now
on 7 December 2012
I agree with the previous reviews. This is a great story ,but let down with some strange figures. 10,000 troops fighting on a ships superstructure! Really? Snow 70 foot high! Yes, 70 foot. I would like to see that. Nearly 2 million people cremated in a couple of weeks ( about 1 every 6 seconds on my reckoning).
And, yes, the barbeque's, what is that all about?

Having griped, I will continue to read all the books in the series as,once started, I refuse to let go, but the story could be much tighter as we need to know how the rest of the world copes with the disaster that has befallen.

With the right script, this would make an excellent movie. just a thought.
on 5 January 2013
I can understand the previous comments about padding and get on with the action but my reply would be....

Hang on, this book is over 400 pages long! at a very reasonable price, if you want constant action then buy books that are only 200 to 250 pages long (there are plenty out there), this author is consistently producing book lengths that I think are above and beyond when compared to the price and in a time when there are plenty of authors on amazon asking crazy prices for books in the 200 to 250 pages range he should be commended.

Rant over :-))

If you are reading this review then its highly likely that you have read Books 1 & 2 and are just seeking confirmation that what you expect to be reading is what you will get, well I can tell you that is what you will get.

Buy and enjoy!
on 2 July 2013
Yet another excellent read. I read this book whilst travelling to and from Ireland and it kept me engrossed for both parts of the journey.

Again the proof-reading could have been better but this is a minor gripe.

For anyone who has an interest in "future history" you would not go far wrong on buying this series.
on 11 October 2012
I liked the previous two books and was looking forward to book 3 but remembered what I disliked about book 2--too much filler and padding and the same is true of book 3.
I am currently at 50% of book 3 and almost no action apart from endless BBQs and people flying around for no reason.
It's clear this series has been set up to extend the life of the story and extract more money from readers with endless padding, fluff and descriptive narrative--GET ON WITH THE PLOT!

This padding and endless follow-up books seems to be a recurring theme of Kindle books of this genre.

It's a shame as the premise is very scary and current, GB Parliament currently discussing the very same scenario and a feature in today's Daily Telegraph warning of exactly the same thing happening in real life.

I hope the rest of the book livens up and moves the plot on as I am looking forward to the continuation--Wishful thinking?
on 20 September 2012
I enjoyed both book one and two, but I'm surprised that in their haste to gather up Pre 1982 planes, nobody remembered the Confederate Air Force. The plot is a good one and will have people in China saying either "Damn why didn't we think of that. Or Damn the Yankees know our plans.
on 27 January 2014
After reading the first book I just had to read the next, then this one. This book I'm still reading at moment but like the others it's hard to put down. This set i well worth a read and it makes you think what if ?
on 10 November 2013
The continuing saga continues to grow more interesting as characters continue to cement a place in our hearts, the author has an excellent method in hooking readers
on 6 February 2013
Modern Alternate History - I recommend it to anyone who likes techie books - superb story teller and excellent series of books -
on 10 April 2013
Another cracking read from tI wade. This series just gets better and better. Really believable scenario and very well written.