Customer reviews

IN THE PINK
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£0.99

on 3 October 2014
Have read the author's hot, erotic romances,his is an entirely different kettle of fish, stylistically at the other end of the spectrum and demonstrates she's not hidebound by genre, or afraid to experiment. Admittedly the book is hard to categorise but perhaps the lack of pigeonholing is where it scores and renders it a kind of enigma.It's well written with believable characters, well plotted with a twist of an ending.The author brings fantasric insights to bear on a certain group of women who all of us have encountered. Sly digs expertly focused.I read the book in one go which is praise from me, indeed. My only caveat is that I would've wanted it to be longer but I suppose the author didn't see the need to pad it out. I'd like to meet the characters- all so different and deftly portrayed -elsewhere but I suppose that's asking too much.
This book shouldn't blush unseen.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 20 June 2014
I was not sure what to expect from this book as the title gave few clues but I was soon swept along by the narrative and a desire to find out more about ISAS, the International Sisterhood for Action and Solidarity. Behind the mundane workings of the London branch of this organisation great opportunities are offered to members in affiliated countries. Will Maphutsana join? How will a young woman from a third world country fare in the UK? As we are intoduced to the vibrant Kezzia and the muddled Annie we feel sure we know where the plot is going but then there is a clever twist at the end!
I enjoyed the glimpses into the characters lives and believe this novel would appeal to most readers.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse