Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop Fire Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now

on 21 May 2002
Discovering Transactional Analysis may well change your life. It certainly changed mine.
This book provides a very accessible and readable introduction to transactional analysis.
However the book is dangerously out of date. It was written in the 60s and has not been brought up to date.
What I found out after reading this book and getting really interested in TA is that in the 60s TA went through a period where it was adopted as a kind of pop-psychology and a number of books were published which are now regarded as over-simplified. Also TA has moved on a lot in the last 30 to 40 years and there are now widely accepted theories and techniques which were not around in the 60s. A much more modern book is TA Today : A New Inroduction to Transactional Analysis,Ian Stewart, Vann Joines . Which I would recommend in preference to this book.
11 comment| 192 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 November 2000
I loved this book for giving me an interesting new framework from which to understand my life. It brought me clarity and an 'ah-ha' kind of understanding to long standing problems that had been upsetting my life. The kind of book you really want to recommend to others who are in difficulty and need more understanding of the dynamics of human relationships...if only they would listen!!!Read It!!!!
on 21 August 2003
I really enjoyed this book, both as a trainee counsellor and as a human being. It is a good starter to TA and the reader can readily identify with the processes described. It is very out of date, although I think you can read your way around this by bearing in mind it is a product of the 60s.
'Staying OK', the sequel written predominantly by Harris' wife, is a good read for those who want to follow up the theory with some practice. It makes entertaining reading, although it is rather more self-help than the self-enlightenment of the original.
on 1 January 1999
If you ever feel insecure and worry what others think about you then this is the book for you. Harris explains in simple terms the breakdown of the personality and enables you to understand what makes people the way they are. It would be a shame if people went through life never having had the fortune to comprehend the details in this book. The PAC model is simple and it works.
on 8 February 2000
Since reading this book I have managed to understand communication between people, the effects it has and a way in which to improve your communications. Since reading this book, my personal life has soared, acheiving goals in my work life and my social life also massively improving my relationship. I thoroughly recommend you read this book as it will open your eyes up to the real world and what opportunities lie ahead of you !
on 14 August 2007
If you are having issues communicating with anyone, this is the book for you.

Be warned, it is a little dated - which I actually found amusing.
on 31 August 2003
I read this book back in the '60's and it has been a great help in my life. I am giving a book report on it next week in class. I have just recently returned to school at the age of 59. Career Management Class is requiring a short book report on self-improvement. I sincerely believe that this book is a great asset to help anyone with self-improvement, ant that's the reason I have choosen it for my report.
on 1 February 2002
This book changed things big time for me. And thats a complete understatement. Its more like enlightenment. Transactional Analysis is a discovery of what we are. Period. And this book does an excellent job of introducing you to just that. If you are new to TA, or if some body has suggested you to look into it, I believe this book to be the very best first text. Your world will never be the same!
on 15 May 2014
this is really quite an easy read for a psychology book i am really pleased i brought it, it arrived quickly and was in perfect condition especially for a second had one. its a great read i would highly recommend buying it.
on 6 October 2013
The book arrived promptly, although a little dated. Am reading this book slowly, as it is not the type of book one can skim through, more of a case of letting it land and settle. Good book, recommended if you want to explore patterns and behaviours within yourself. Would purchase from vendor again.