on 18 April 2016
Love it!

I'm sat near a window, where a draft always seems to get through and my hands split.... so had enough of rubbing my hands together, wrapping my hands around tea/coffee...just trying to keep warm... so I bought this and was a bit sceptical at first... but it's perfect. It needs to be connected for it to work.... via USB. It takes about 5-10mins to get warm... can leave it in all day....in its pouch...so now, when my hand gets cold... grab this little hand warmer and it's perfect.

As soon as you unplug it, it almost cools instantly...but it's perfect for what I want.
on 22 February 2012
I thought this little gadget would stay warm but the minute you pick it up all the heat goes straight out of it. It heats your hands for less than a second then needs several more minutes to recharge and get warm. My fingers go cold faster than this gets warm. I guess you get what you pay for and this is really cheap.
9 people found this helpful
on 30 November 2014
I'm not really not sure what people are expecting from this. How this thing works should be pretty obvious!!

It has to be plugged in to work. As soon as you unplug it will go cold since it doesn't store a charge. It's not a battery!
This has been used with USB ports plugged into mains and works a treat. This has been uses with a small 3200mah USB battery and also works a treat.
on 11 June 2013
I bought this as I have Reynaud's and was suffering in my cold office at work. It plugs in to your USB port and the cable is long enough to reach your hands (my computer is the floor), but without leaving cable everywhere. I'm glad it comes with a little pouch because out of it looks like a little bullet that might be suited to more "personal" use.
It warms up well when in your hands, but doesn't overheat when it's not being held. I really like it!
on 28 June 2013
Upon first impressions this looks and feels cheap. The USB wire is very thin and flimsy, and could easily break.
I plugged it in and waited, within two minutes i started to get some heat, but as I held the device the heat quickly dissipated and it was gone, rendering this product useless.
I'd suggest looking at something else, your hands will never get warm holding this thing.
on 28 February 2014
This item gets very hot, so long as you keep it in your pocket - it can cool down quickly if you take it out. It needs to be attached to a battery and to work for any length of time the battery has to be pretty powerful. That is the only drawback - you have to carry a large battery in your pocket. Having said that it has really helped keep my hands warm this winter and I would definitely recommend it.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 8 January 2014
These work really well but you need a USB power source that can provide sufficient current. I use a Tecknet EP390 (16 quid on Amazon) which runs two of these for over 4 hours...great for long winter walks, canoeing or birdwatching etc. with one in each pocket.
I don't leave home without one at the minute
on 25 December 2011
Don't be put off by the cheap price - this little thing works really well! It's USB powered of course, so you will need your PC switched on to use it. My left hand is almost permanently cold, and holding this device for a short while helps warm it up again. The larger battery-powered hand-warmers don't seem to work very well, or last very long. It's worth paying the postage premium for this device.
on 31 October 2014
Does the job, heats up within a few minutes and stays warm! the pouch is good to rest the heater when your not holding it. the only thing i would say is it does have the appearance of another devices lol the men in my office certainly liked to wind me up about it
on 2 June 2013
Purchased this for an employee who suffers from cold hands when working at the computer and roasts the rest of us in the studio with a heater on. Works great when plugged into the computer, If anything its too warm. Not the highest quality. But overall good value for money. Comes with a handy storage pouch.