Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Fire Tablet Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Fitbit

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 5 Aug 2008, 12:42:56 BST
Angel Sun says:
Considering that this is probably the best game on the Wii so far, I was in two minds whether to buy it or not because like many people I have a fear of spiders. Just the idea of having to fight a massive (and fairly realistic) spider is very off-putting and I think it's unfair that some gamers like myself would have to miss out on a great game like this just because the developers can't seem to "create" an enemy that doesn't look like an insect blown up to gigantic proportions.

I suppose there is always the get-a-round by asking a friend to deal with those parts of the game for you :-)

Has anyone else had this issue?

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Aug 2008, 18:35:12 BST
Sorry to hear about your arachnophobia. I hate spiders too, but I don't mind them in games when they are the enemy and you have to kill them!

There's a brilliant level in Link's Crossbow Training (it comes with the Official Wii Zapper) where you are in the woods and have to shoot a whole host of spiders, loads of them everywhere! I love it!

Of course if it was real life I'd scream and run, even at the tiniest of them. *ahem*

I didn't get that far in Zelda's Twilight Princess to get to that spider level you talk about. I gave up after a few weeks of playing it as it was so hard!!! I love the graphics and gameplay though, it was the first game I got on the Wii and also the first Zelda game I played.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Aug 2008, 18:06:18 BST
M. Wyllie says:
Well,I have been a massive fan of the zelda series,and yes,this game has the graphics to beat them all,and the spiders in particular,are highly detailed,in the way that they move and walk.Fair enough,when they curl up and die i shudder,but it's not that bad.You're never stuck in a dark room with them,it's always well lit,so theres no worries there.Besides,the giant spider appears nearer the end of the game,so you won't need to worry about it for a while.If you still worry,can i suggest a strategy guide?

Posted on 15 Aug 2009, 20:36:12 BST
Beverley says:
Aww noes... DX
I wanted this game really badly, and now I know it's got spiders in it I can't play. ><

I HATE having a phobia of spiders.
Thanks for the heads up anyway - I'm glad I found this thread before deciding to buy it. It's better to know about this and not buy it than end up paralysed with fear when I finally reach that particular level.

*Sigh* At least I know I'm not the only one unable to play this game to it's fullest extent.

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Aug 2009, 20:41:06 BST
Beverley says:
I'd actually prefer being in a dark room with the giant spiders so then it would be hard to see all the detail, and just have to cope with it's silhouette, kinda.

The main reason why I have a phobia of spiders is because they way they move - I don't really get why it creeps me out so much. =/
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  5 Aug 2008
Latest post:  15 Aug 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

This discussion is about