- Buy three titles for £20 from the qualifying selection when dispatched from and sold by Amazon. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Enjoy £1.00 credit to spend on movies or TV on Amazon Video when you purchase a DVD or Blu-ray offered by Amazon.co.uk. A maximum of 1 credit per customer applies. UK customers only. Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
I Was Monty's Double [DVD]
Get £1 Off Amazon Video*
|Price:||£8.00 & FREE Delivery in the UK on orders over £20. Details|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Based on a true story documented in the book by M.E. Clifton-James. In an effort to confuse the Nazis during the Second World War, an actor (played by M.E. Clifton-James himself) is forced to play Montgomery and is strategically positioned to cover the real man's tracks.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
All true? Well, supposedly, most of it. I'd take the kidnapping and the rescue with a grain of salt.Read more ›
The scene, in the early part of of 1944 hard work is going under way to lay plans for the all important invasion of europe. The allies are going to every extent to try and conceal the exact time and place of the invasion. It's major Harvey of intelligance's job to do his best to mis lead the Germans into where the invasion will take place. Stuggeling for ideas he decides to go and see the theatre with his girlfriend, Peggy,after the performance a 'special' guest comes on stage. From then Lieutenant James life changes masivly. Suddenly he watching and learning everything that Monty ever did and studying his every manerism, from the way he stands to how he blows his nose. The plan was for james to tour north Africa giving the Germans the impression that thats where the invasion would be launched.
The film is in black and white which is completly in keeping with the film, it is parrell of the public propaganda film which the characters watch at the end which is depicting DD day.
in my opinion this film is very enjoyable as it has touches of everything, laughter, tension and the rest. For anyone who is into history or likes world war films this wont disappoint as it encapsulates everything that is british. Having watched the film you feel like gettin the Vera lin records out and singing god save the queen stupidly loud with your hand over you heart.Read more ›
Marvellous film and shows that everything is not always what you think you see!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Lovely true story. During WWll an actor bearing an uncanny likeness to Field Marshall Montgomery was hired to 'be' him to deflect the Germans. Which worked. This is a great film.Published 4 months ago by A. Jordan
A good movie, which is based on a true world war two event that helped the Allies, recommendedPublished 8 months ago by Popeye