- Enjoy £1.00 reward to spend on movies or TV on Amazon Video when you purchase a DVD or Blu-ray offered by Amazon.co.uk. A maximum of 1 reward per customer applies. UK customers only. Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Wednesday, December 20, 2017 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
I See a Dark Stranger [DVD] 
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Directed by Frank Launder and written by Sidney Gilliat, I See A Dark Stranger is a suspense-filled, highly entertaining spy drama about a highly-strung Irish girl, Bridie Quilty (Deborah Kerr) whose father delights in spinning tall tales about his role in the 1916 uprising against the English. When Bridie comes of age she decides to leave her rural home and seek out the IRA, but she unwittingly falls in with a German spy called Miller (Raymond Huntley), believing that he is part of the IRA. Miller recruits Bridie and finds her a job working in a sleepy village pub near a British military prison. But when British Army Officer David Byrne (Trevor Howard) arrives in the village to recuperate, he falls in love with the quarrelsome Bridie. Suspicious that Byrne is an intelligence officer Miller decides that Byrne needs to be eliminated and asks Bridie to help him…
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
She plays a young Irish girl, who has spent a lifetime listening to stories told by her grandfather, of the terrible troubles of the twenties. She is recruited as a spy for the Germans, goes to England, and finds herself falling in love with a young British officer. Trevor Howard in one of his first leading roles, plays the officer.
It is a pleasant enough film but no world beater.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?