- Paperback: 272 pages
- Publisher: Open University Press; 2 edition (1 July 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0335244459
- ISBN-13: 978-0335244454
- Product Dimensions: 15.5 x 1.8 x 22.9 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.2 out of 5 stars See all reviews (8 customer reviews)
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
374,450 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #302 in Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Specific Topics > Hypnosis
- #1122 in Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Social Issues > Social Welfare & Services
- #1226 in Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Counselling
- See Complete Table of Contents
Hypnotherapy: A Handbook (UK Higher Education OUP Humanities & Social Sciences Counselling and Psychotherapy) Paperback – 1 Jul 2012
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
About the Author
Michael Heap is a clinical and forensic psychologist with over forty years of experience working both with people with mental health and neurological problems and with criminal offenders. He is an internationally recognised authority on hypnosis and has taught and published widely on the subject.
Top Customer Reviews
Each chapter starts with an introductory section, other treatment modalities before focusing on the role of hypnotherapy approaches/applications, specific approaches and future directions. Some chapters cover theoretical views and give practical tips. However there are no hypnotherapy scripts in this book.
This book is well written with excellent up to date evidence base research. However, background knowledge of hypnotherapy and other psychological therapies such as CBT and behavioural therapy would be important in understanding some of the treatments discussed. As a practitioner with limited experience in hypnotherapy some treatment suggestions are unfamiliar to me but thankfully the book has plenty of references for the reader to look up. This book is worth buying and would be useful for students as well as qualified hypnotherapy practitioners looking for up to date evidence base with comprehensive reference sections.
Dr Zai Edworthy, Clinical Psychologist
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Always good to see a different angle on something you already do and this book helps to see from a different anglePublished on 8 Jan. 2015 by PAULINE KELLY
has helped me through many many essays and towards my hypnosis case study sessions, really good easy to read and understandablePublished on 7 Oct. 2013 by katy whitlock
Really Pleased. with the book, full of information that I needed which was useful to pass onto others interested in the subject.Published on 18 July 2013 by Ian D. Best
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Other Branches of Medicine > Psychiatry
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Counselling
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Psychotherapy
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Specific Topics > Hypnosis
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Education > Teaching Aids
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Clinical Psychology & Psychotherapy
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Psychotherapy & Clinical Psychology
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Social Issues > Social Welfare & Services