Customer reviews

Hypnia 8 inch Memory Foam Mattress, Single Size 3ft x 6ft3

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 2 May 2016
This mattress when bought was my first steps into memory foam heaven. The quality and price are fantastic.

The mattress as described is 8 inch thick and the cover is quilted which adds to the comfort. The mattress is firm but yields during use which I guess is due to body heat.

My children have been using this for over two years now and the foams integrity is still great. The cover is removable and fully washable which helps keeps it fresh.

5 Stars for a great product, I even have two of these.
on 6 August 2015
I bought the 8 inch Hypnia double mattress 4 years ago this November and it's still firm, comfortable and kept its shape well so when we had to buy a mattress for our 3 year olds new bed I went on my order history and ordered him exactly the same but in single. I have every confidence it'll last for years, our double shows no signs of sagging (and neither of us resemble Twiggy, trust me on that!!) yet so to me these mattresses are the bargain of the century. Our double cost £130 and this single actually cost the same but after 4 years I'd expect some inflation. I bought the first on the recommendation of a friend and I'm glad I did. Quality.
on 23 November 2015
Bought this to replace single spare bedroom mattress. We've only had it a month and it's only been used a couple of times but it appears to be as good as the king size 12" deep Hypnia that my wife and I have been enjoying for 4 years. Frankly, it's so comfortable, we now find sleeping in any other bed noticeably uncomfortable. We'd rather sleep at home than in posh hotels!
The single mattress had virtually no odour. The double did have a chemical odour that meant that we had to air it for 3 days before we used it but it dissipated gradually after that.
on 25 November 2012
It was a little worrying to see how small the package was!! But, after opening the plastic wrapper, the mattress soon started filling out. I left it for about 24 hours and then put it on my bed, at first it was like lying on a board but as it warmed I found myself sinking into a perfectly me-shaped hole- and there I stayed all night!!! I have had it about a month now and I can't understand why I haven't invested in one before.........absolute blissful comfort!!!!
3 people found this helpful
on 6 September 2012
this is the second memory foam mattress I bought (for a different bed btw). I would never buy anything different.
The other one has over a year now and it has lost a little bit of its stiffness but if anything that has made it even more comfortable!
And if it ever loses its comfortability... I'll just buy a new one... the price is fantastic!
I would totally recommend this to everyone. Memory foam is the best you can get. I make everyone that comes to my house try it for themselves!
I do not like the pillows though.
4 people found this helpful
on 17 November 2015
I'm not too keep on this for everyday use. I'm saving up for a better mattress. I wake up and I'm in a dip in the middle. I did complain and was told to add a memory foam topper. Not very helpful. Guess you get what you pay for. In my case a bad back!!
on 21 July 2014
Amazingly good. My first venture into memory foam. Only lost a star because a tad too soft for me but nevertheless it is very comfy, seems to be well made. I've only used a few times so I cant comment on longevity but at the minute very happy with it
One person found this helpful
on 11 October 2012
Arrived promptly. Easy instructions. We opened them in our garden (in the good weather) as their was a mild smell of chemicals but this goes away fairly quickly. Best leave the mattresses for a couple of days, even when you think it is ready and it will settle in nicely. My two boys (7 & 4) sleep like logs now. Very happy with this product and will use again, when our king size mattress bites the dust. Very good VFM.
on 24 September 2015
I've been using this for over a year now and i love this Mattress, I can fall asleep very quickly on this mattress.
i couldn't be with out this mattress now.
5/5 from me
on 4 January 2015
The 8 inch single I ordered started sagging soon after I started using it. It has gotten a lot worse over time as well. I've been using this for 2 years now - I should've returned it soon after buying. Only reason I kept it is that it is good enough for my son who was 3 at the time to not feel the mattress sagging. I had bought a 10 inch double from the same supplier at the same time and that mattress is still going strong. So it is probably the 8 inch ones that are weak. Would not recommend