- Also check our best rated Ssd reviews
HyperX Predator PCIe Gen2 x4 (M.2) Internal SSD - 240 GB
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Fast - PCIe connection provides higher speeds than SATA-based solid state drives for the computing experience
- Blazing performance - ultra-responsive multitasking and overall faster system
- Reliable - rugged and durable to take your system to the edge
- This drive is designed for motherboards with M.2 PCIe slots and requires four free PCIe lanes to operate at peak performance
- Form factor - M.2 2280 (M-Keyed/Socket 3) for compatibility with motherboards
There is a newer model of this item:
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
HyperX Predator SSD offers large capacities and incredible speeds with both compressible and incompressible data to take your system to the edge.
From the manufacturer
HyperX Predator SSD at a glance:
- Powered by Marvell controller
- PCIe Gen 2.0 x4 interface in M.2 form factor (with optional half-height half-length adapter)
- Speeds of up to 1400 MB/s read and 1000 MB/s write
Ferocious performance for serious users.
HyperX Predator SSD offers large capacities and higher speeds with both compressible and incompressible data to take your system to the edge. Faster than SATA-based SSDs, it delivers speeds of up to 1400 MB/s read and 1000 MB/s write for ultra-responsive multitasking and an overall faster system.
It features a PCIe Gen 2.0 x4 interface for high performance and an M.2 form factor to fit the next generation of desktops with an M.2 PCIe slot. An HHHL (half-height, half-length) adapter that works with many existing motherboards with at least a PCI x4 slot open is available. The HHHL adapter comes with both standard and low-profile brackets to fit in slim-profile desktop builds.
High Speed HyperX SSD
Its Marvell controller delivers high sequential and random speeds, making Predator PCIe one of the the fastest HyperX SSD.
To suit your exact needs, HyperX Predator PCIe SSD comes in capacities of up to 480 GB and can work as a boot drive or a true hard drive replacement.
Supports PCIe, M.2 Form Factors
Beyond delivering blazing-fast PCIe Gen 2.0 x4 speeds much faster than any SATA-based SSD, Predator PCIe is also available in an M.2 form factor with optional HHHL adapter.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the difference between M.2 SATA and M.2 PCIe SSDs?
M.2 SATA and M.2 PCIe differ in the protocol (language) used. Check your motherboard or computer specifications to ensure you choose the right drive, M.2 PCIe drives are not supported in M.2 SATA sockets and vice versa. Some M.2 sockets can however support both M.2 PCIe and M.2 SATA protocols.
- Does an M.2 SSD support both SATA and PCIe?
No. M.2 SSDs are designed to support only one of the protocols, either SATA or PCIe. See previous FAQ for more details.
- What would happen if I connect a PCIe x4 M.2 SSD to a port that supports only PCIe x2 speeds?
The M.2 SSD will function at PCIe x2 speeds and therefore it's not able to achieve its stated maximum performance. Please check the motherboard or computer specifications for M.2 PCIe lane support to ensure the M.2 SSD functions as expected. To fully utilise the drive, make sure to install it in a PCIe 2.0 x4 capable port and that there are 4 PCIe lanes available from the motherboard or computer.
- Can the key words associated with these ASINs also be updated to include:
M.2 SSD;1400 MB/s; 1000 MB/s; PCIe SSD; PCIe Gen 2.0 x4; M.2 form factor; Half-Height, Half-Length adapter; HHHL; Marvell 88SS9293; M.2 2280; PCIE mini card; Small SSD; SSD NGFF; NGFF connector; SSD ultrabooks; SSD notebooks; M.2 connector; M-key, Socket 3, M-keyed/Socket 3; PCI E.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Tested on Windows 10 and it works with automatic driver install.
install it in the slot immediately above the graphics card to get the best performance.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
Fitted to a Z820 Workstation as a Win10 Boot Drive. Averages over 1000 on Read & Write.
Boots into Windows in the blink of an eye.Read more