Customer reviews

on 1 December 2016
If you buy one CBL album, you'll buy all of them, do I need to add anything? Well you might want to know what it sounds like, but apart from saying that it's 'ambient' they plough a pretty unique furrow, if I had to make comparisons then 'Amber' period Autechre, Stars of the Lid, Benge or Aphex's 'Selected Ambient'. Tranquil whilst also being intriguing, it's just gorgeous.
on 22 February 2018
Brilliant
on 21 April 2014
I came across these when this album was playing when I was having my first tattoo. It certainly worked. Felt no pain and was completely chilled. I like this genre of music but this was the first time I had heard CBL. I will be catching up with the other albums very soon.
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 9 February 2018
Brilliant!
on 12 April 2017
Purchased as a present so cannot really give a proper review, but have had positive comments from the recipient.
on 30 November 2009
Wonderful, sublime rhythms. See my review of "World of Sleepers". This is as good.
on 12 February 2013
These guys are up there with Brian Eno and Micheal Stearns, superb ambient chill, the album flows beautifully and works on many levels of awareness. A huge sound-scape well recorded too.
I have no idea why this Swedish group are not more popular, they are excellent. All of their material apart from "The Path" has intricacy and grandeur most ambient chill trance groups strive to achieve- but fall short.

The other albums, notably World of Sleepers and Interloper are also truly fantastic.
One person found this helpful
on 16 January 2013
It's a very good album. I like listen to it when I read a sf novel. Especially good to imagine alien planets and interstellar journeys.
One person found this helpful
on 11 July 2012
....soul-tinged music. I love Ambient tunes, and I'm constantly on the prowl for more of the similar - but CBL completely passed me by - I chanced upon them via YouTube and I, like another reviewer, am immensely pleased that I did! Amazing textures that, when the ears are satisfactorily fined-tuned, open up into organic vistas, each texture multiplying legion.
CBL are easily on a par with some of the true greats in the field (although their music stands alone, as does the music of the other artists) such as Stars of the Lid, FSOL, The Orb, Max Richter, Harold Budd, Eno...... If you're a fan of ambient, you owe it to yourself to purchase this gem. Why CBL are so far under the radar is beyond me?
3 people found this helpful