Hydraulics and Pneumatics: A Technician's and Engineer's Guide Paperback – 11 Mar 2011
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Andrew Parr is an Industrial Control Engineer, recently retired from ASW Sheerness Steel, Sheerness, UK who worked in the steel industry for over thirty years. In 1980 he began specializing in sequence and closed loop control systems using Programmable Controllers (PLCs) with hydraulic and pneumatic actuators. He has written fifteen books on electronics and process control including Logic Designers Handbook, Industrial Control Handbook, Programmable Controllers, Control Engineering, along with many amateur- level books, among them Introduction to Operational Amplifiers. His books have been widely translated into many languages, including Japanese, Polish, and Swedish. He and has presented papers at various international conferences, including ones on 'Automation Systems in the Steel Industry' and on 'Automated Fault Diagnostics'
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
What it's not. Slap bang up to date Biblical sized technical tome.
What it is. A great general purpose introduction and reference book to give you a reasonable knowledge of hydraulic systems. If you have already got this knowledge and regularly work on hydraulics then there is a good chance you know everything in this book. If like me as a marine engineer you deal with hydraulics but not every day, then you need something to refer to now and again. This for me serves that purpose at a modest price. There are far more comprehensive books out there which are eye wateringly expensive and not in electronic format making them no suitable for travelling with.
This for me allows me to refresh my brain when I have to read a drawing and fault find and it's easy, simple and ideal for that purpose.
It covers the physical phenomena involved in the application of hydraulics and pneumatics including all necessary formulae used in industry. It covers basic system components and describes their role and operation and should there be different types of component available it covers the advantages and disadvantages of them so one can make an educated choice. It gives some examples of simple systems and offers help with troubleshooting.
There are no doubt larger and more in-depth books available, but for general reference and student use this book is ideal.
A great book to go with it is The Pneumatics of Hero of Alexandria. Amazing what people came up with 2000 years ago!
studying this subject or working within this field.
Good to go to for info you require about most topics.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Easy aint it ? Just what we elec / software chaps need. To explain to mechanical chaps where they have gone wrong !! ( haha )Published 18 months ago by MR ANDREW STEVENSON
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Civil Engineering > Hydraulic Engineering
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Civil Engineering > Mechanics
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Mechanical & Materials Engineering > Hydraulics
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Mechanical & Materials Engineering > Mechanical Engineering
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Production, Manufacturing & Operational > Computer Aided Manufacture
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Civil Engineering
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Mechanical & Material Engineering