Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
|Print List Price:||£5.60|
Save £4.61 (82%)
Hush Money (Talent Chronicles Book 1) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
So you might be curious or even intrigued to learn why Hush Money is so unique that it overthrew all my concerns (and maybe prejudices) about YA novels. So let's see:
1. The heroine Joss is no whiny teenage girl, she is just as strong, independent and kick ass as any adult urban fantasy heroine. She takes charge and solves her problems on her own.
2. But of course there is a perfectly dreamy hero to help her out and be her support, who is generous, brave, warm hearted and chivalrous. :-)
3. The synopsis/premise of the novel is freshly unique and exciting! It is action packed and will keep you turning the pages long after bedtime.. (trust me, I speak from experience ;-) lol)
4. Besides the two great main characters, the secondary characters are equally well developed and layered, offering a complex and colourful palette of characters.
5. And the thing that makes all the previous reasons possible: Susan Bischoff's fantastic writing! It is evocative, detailed yet fast paced. The action and characters leap off the pages thanks to her talent with words. She is a true story teller, and I cannot wait to read more about Joss & co.Read more ›
Have downloaded the rest of the series that is available!! Yes, I was impressed and wanted more!! An exciting series beginning that I will recommend to my children!!
Susan Bischoff takes us on a nail-biting journey as Joss and Dylan try to keep themselves and their friends safe from the NIAC while battling Marcus, another teen with a Talent, who seems bent on causing trouble and exposing Joss and her friends. We witness the beginning of a sweet romance between Joss and Dylan. The story is far from over, with a lot of questions still to be answered. I look forward, with great anticipation, to the next book in the Talent Chronicles. Get writing, Susan!
Joss has a secret. She has a Talent. And those who have a Talent must be revealed... immediately. But when people begin to become forced into Marco, the schools bully's plans, their futures and reputations are put to the test as it is revealed that they are being threatened, in the worst possible ways. Through this adventure they will uncover who is to be trusted and who shouldn't. But will someone stop him and find out his deepest, darkest secrets? Or will they all be wound around his finger with no chance of escape.
I will be honest, I really disliked the protagonist Joss, at times. She came across as very weak and, at times, became very selfish and did what was best for her even if the consequences could scar others lives. However, then at times, especially where her new friends and family were concerned, she would fully expose herself, in a way knowing no-one would suspect her. This confused me as to why she didn't help others when it was not always obvious she was the Talent in question. She was very caring though and always tried to put her family before herself, even if it meant her Talent would be revealed.
The plot really surprised me, I wasn't expecting the true mass of suspense and danger that would really be involved and portrayed. Additionally, the secrecy and conspiracies around what really goes on in the research facilities was really clever and instantly grabbed your attention.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Very catchy, fast-paced, believable, intriguing. A plane/car trip/weekend read that will make anything boring to sit through fly by very fast! Read morePublished on 15 Mar. 2012 by Rebecca Berto
Read this only if you're new to the YA paranormal (romance) books. Otherwise it's very basic, like an extremely formulated Hollywood film, where all builds up to a vivid fights,... Read morePublished on 2 Jan. 2012 by Zee
amazing book! such a fresh take on super powers and the way the world really would react to them, its nice to get away from the vampires ghosts and demons for a bitPublished on 5 Nov. 2011 by Ms. R. H. Sangster
This was a brilliant read. I sat and read it all in one go as i literally couldn't put it down. Well written and definitely worth the money!Published on 28 Sept. 2011 by Jo881001
This book is excellent and I agree with one of the reviewer's its very hard to put down once you start reading, it has good central characters and the story moves along at a great... Read morePublished on 3 Jun. 2011 by Debsglas
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Romance > Fantasy
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy
- Books > Young Adult > Love & Romance > Paranormal & Fantasy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Fantasy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Romance > Paranormal & Fantasy