Size: 5 UK|Colour: Blue (Navy)|Change
Price:£58.51+ Free shipping

Prior to buying my pair of Hunters, I had always assumed that wellies 'were' wellies - just boots which only differed in style or material to a loose degree. As per usual, my stubbornness was proved wrong when I decided to push the boat out and get a pair for my rainy ventures into town. Oh, and for the rarity we do actually have snow here! (Note: Foul weather not included)

Though I'm still perplexed as to why these are 'the' thing to wear at Glastonbury (lets face it, its just a place for girls to be seen anyway! Don't hurt me....), I can honestly now appreciate why they're cost that little bit more than your standard PVC products. The quality all round is fantastic! Upon taking them out the nice box, greeted with its own carry handle, you'll get a waft of that lovely natural smell of rubber that is supple, but still offers good support to the whole boot. You just know from holding it that these things, which are vulcanised, are that bit more special. The sole is also very good - standing up well to rough surfaces, though I dare say that they're fair better on more natural ground where they belong.

The most important thing is that they're comfortable and fit 'really' well. How often have you tried on someone else wellies and they either feel stiff and awkward, or generally misshaped? These Hunters on the hand really hug your feet, making it quite sad taking them off. With regards to fit, it should be known that these "Short" models have a slightly different cut to the standard "Tall" variants. The Short products have a wider calf width, and I believe the heel is also slightly wider too, as they're designed to be taken on and off quickly.

In terms of sizing, there is something to definitely think about when ordering. Normally I'll get away with Size 10 shoes if they're wide, since I myself have quite wide feet, and thats with normal socks. Obviously different brands vary... My Converse are 9's but they're a bit tight, yet my Adidas Stan Smith's of the same size feel too spacious! I ordered the Size 9 Hunters and they're absolutely perfect - not only because they have a lovely wide area at the toes, but they leave plenty of room for thick socks. I would therefore suggest that you shouldn't worry about going for a size down than what you're used to.

On a final pointer, I've noticed how the colours of these wellies on websites and brochures tend to differ slightly from real life. I got the 'Dark Olive Green' style, and they're definitely a touch darker than in photo's. This isn't a problem, I just thought I'd highlight it.

I'll definitely say that these boots are much more, as a friend put it, 'socially acceptable' than other wellies (blurb for 'they look well good'), and that as a guy I don't give a second thought to wearing them out and about. But they're a treat when going for walks in the woods or anywhere that would otherwise ruin normal shoes, and for that I'd be more than happy to pay the extra bit for these Hunters than other brands.
55 Comments| 120 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 August 2012
After 6 months of reasonable use one of the boots split down the back seam. Not the level of quality I expected from Hunters. Amazon very good and gave full refund under the Hunter 12 months warranty.
on 26 August 2010
Delivery was fast and well packaged. Wellies are sturdy and very comfortable. I use daily for dog walking and these seem perfect.
on 24 October 2013
I wear my wellies every day, regardless of the weather, to walk my dog so I always buy good quality boots. After approximately 8 months and many miles my boots leaked and spit in a number of places. Amazon was fantastic… I emailed to explain my problem ( after a couple of failed repair jobs) and because Hunter boots come with 12 month guarantee I was given a full refund which enabled me to purchase another pair. I certainly would encourage anyone to purchase via Amazon and have peace of mind knowing should any problems arise that they will be dealt with promptly and hassle free. Back to dog walking with a spring in my step AND dry feet lol 
on 12 June 2012
Smart wellies, very comfortable easy to put on although more effert is needed to take them off. I would not recommend to people with big calves
on 18 April 2015
As a long time user of Hunter boots, they were always excellent, and I changed a pair when I had worn the grip completely smooth. That was when they were manufactured in Dumfries in Scotland. Then they moved to China, and are completely rubbish. Night and day. I am on my third pair of Chinese Hunters, and they have all lasted about a year, before the rubber cracks badly. After my first pair failed I thought it was a one off problem, so replaced them just after a year with a new pair. This failed within a year, and I only have a third pair because the second pair was replaced free under warranty. But this pair now has large cracks, and both straps have snapped off (this has never happened to me before). I'll never buy a pair again, and would not recommend anyone else to do so. It's a real shame - a great British company, that made superbly comfortable boots has completely gone to the dogs. I hope the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh remove their royal warrants too.
on 3 April 2013
Brilliant wellies! Great fit, defo get the welly socks for extra warmth! Avoid the glossy style they crack and look awful if you don't look after them by rinsing them if you've been in the sea!!
on 26 September 2011
I have not had a pair of Hunter's for about 20 years, making do with Dunlops etc. These 3/4 length boots are the well-remembered Hunter quality, but I would order a size bigger than you normally would as the width is a bit tight, and there is definitely no room for a pair of thermal insoles and a decent pair of thick woollen winter socks. They are made in China, as well, if you look very carefully past all the 'By Appointment' guff all over the packaging. So, mine might very well just end up being used for car-washing purposes, and an old pair of rigger boots will still be used for walking the Jack Russell through the snow, mud etc.
on 20 June 2013
I love these boots. They are so comfortable and perfect for ladies with larger legs! Item was just as described. I'm usually between a 7-7.5 so went for the size 7 and they were a little snug on first wear but now fine.
on 22 February 2015
After having these for a year exactly they have sprung a leak through a split in the sole. I expect this from inferior wellington boots but not from Hunters. Deeply disappointing. It seems there is no chance of returning them or complaining. I will never buy this brand again.The only thing rubber boots have to do is keep out the wet and they have failed miserably. Forget the fashion aspect, just make them watertight!!