on 2 December 2014
I am very happy with the wellies themselves but i bought the hunter wellies as they are meant to be the best and i bought them for my sister as an xmas present.
Unfortunately when they arrived the lovely presentation box they come in was completely destroyed. The end was hanging off, it looked like it had been kicked around the warehouse as a football!
I wanted to give my sister the whole hunter package including the box....it sounds silly but i was very upset.
i contacted cloggs the sellers and they said i could either have a partial refund or a replacement 'tall boot box'.
well if i gave my sister a tall boot box i would feel bad as her expectations would be higher and i would feel really bad that i could only afford the short ones.
I intend on speaking with hunter themselves before i make a decision on new but wrong size box or partial refund
on 28 July 2016
Don't expect them to last! They are a great fit, very comfortable to wear and look good. HOWEVER like previous reviews, they do not last long before the material cracks and water is let in; not what you want from a (expensive!) Wellington boot.
I wear mine for up to an hour a day as I walk the dog along the bridle path or along the beach and these Hunter wellies have not lasted more than a year. I am on my forth pair now, and yes I continue to buy them as I am too lazy to try others; like I said I know they fit and are comfortable and I can get them on line. Perhaps next time I'll get some cheaper ones from a different make.
on 21 September 2017
Love these. Wanted a half decent pair where your feet can breath a bit while keeping you dry. Snug fit so you don't slide around them like cheap supermarket wellies. These don't disappoint. I wanted a mid calf too because I don't like really like the sensation of walking in long wellies! Have done festivals and some gnarly Irish weather. Still in great nick and looks like they'll last. Definitely an investment brand.
on 15 October 2013
Firstly, there is nothing wrong with the make of this boot, it is strong and robust. My concern is that it is described as 'unisex' and I am not sure it is. Firstly, the boot is quite narrow - my feet are not wide and the fit is 'snug' if you have wide feet I'd suggest you look elsewhere. Then, unlike other boots on the market, the heel is set-in, it does not follow the line and shape of the heel. As a man not used to wearing shoes with 'a heel' at all - this is slightly disconcerting - and it certainly does not lead to 'sure-footedness' when walking over uneven terrain. For me, it's a bit like walking in stilettos (adding speedily: I imagine)! So, I dont think this boot is meant as a working, functional boot - more of a fashion-wellie (if there is such a thing).
Why have I kept them? My last boots had been worn down to holes and the rain had just arrived - I needed a boot for walking my dog, so the timing was right. But, I will be replacing them very soon; basically, a waste of money.
If you are a bloke (or a lady) looking for a functional boot avert your eyes; these are not for you.
on 30 January 2014
I had to replace a pair of Muckboots - shorties which were great - and the replacement choice is fairly limited for mid calf boots.
I normally do not buy anyting which I wear which advertises the name of the producer but Hunter boots do have a
certain name and look. They are expensive and because of that should be good. I went for a size 7 - my natural size being 61/2 which is always difficult to accomodate and wellington boots do not
come in half sizes. The length of the boot is fine, the foot fit narrow but OK with thickish socks but would be tight with proper wellington boot socks. The boot is very shaped and I need to use a boot
jack to remove which is not easy and to put it on takes a little effort. Love the colour brown and there is a wide range.
How long they last for the price, we'll have to see, early days, have only worn 4/5 times. Delivery service and packaging with this seller was very good and prompt.
on 22 February 2015
After having these for a year exactly they have sprung a leak through a split in the sole. I expect this from inferior wellington boots but not from Hunters. Deeply disappointing. It seems there is no chance of returning them or complaining. I will never buy this brand again.The only thing rubber boots have to do is keep out the wet and they have failed miserably. Forget the fashion aspect, just make them watertight!!
3 people found this helpful
on 21 January 2015
These are so comfortable! I wear them most days walking the dog, through mud, puddles, everything. It doesn't matter whether the walk is half an hour or three hours, my feet are as dry and comfortable at the end as they are at the start. The tops don't rub on the legs either. Worn many many times and still in perfect condition (if a little grubby but that's hardly the manufacturers' fault, blame the dog!!)
on 25 January 2014
I bought these boots for my carer to wear when he showers me in my wet room, I paid extra for the colour Chocolate and was very disappointed, it is so dark they could be mistaken for black.
These boots are chunky, of good quality and fit very well but I think the cost is too high.
If you are going to wear these boots a lot, 3/5 times a week then I would recommend them in black as they are cheaper in that colour but if you are only wearing them now and again, look elsewhere.
on 7 August 2012
After 6 months of reasonable use one of the boots split down the back seam. Not the level of quality I expected from Hunters. Amazon very good and gave full refund under the Hunter 12 months warranty.
18 people found this helpful
on 5 February 2014
I've bought a few wellies in the past but they've always leaked so I bought a pair of these. I think they are excellent. I've not had them leak at all. I didn't need to break them either. First time I wore them I walked over 10 miles without any pain or discomfort. They come in at a good size (I'm a size 4 and bought a 4) but I cannot use their wellie socks with them as they are too tight then. They're still going strong. I now wouldn't buy any other wellies!