on 28 September 2014
What can I say about The Hunt for Xanadu, other than I absolutely loved it!
It's a fast paced thriller that centres on Kelsey Porter and how she deals with the traumatic murder of her parents. That incident see's her teaming up with Detective Desmond Gisborne on a quest to track down the murders; a quest that takes them from New York to Columbia and then on to Tibet.

I couldn't put the book down, and I loved the fast pace plot intermingled with the settings and the descriptions of Buddhism, and the mythical legend of Xanadu. The characters were really well written, and whilst reading I thought "Kelsey is like Lara Croft, no wait, she's like a female Indiana Jones" - finally I realised that she wasn't either - she is actually much more, she is Kelsey Porter an incredibly strong, brave and defiant woman, with a lot more to come!

This book shows what an excellent writer Ms. Salpeter is and I will definitely be reading more of her work
on 1 February 2015
I read constantly and I'm always on the lookout for new and exciting authors and thanks to a link in a twitter feed I found Elyse Salpeter...and I'm very thankful.
What a fantastic book intertwining history, adventure and fantasy with a wonderful heroine Kelsey out to avenge the brutal murders of her parents who were searching for the mystical land of Xanadu. Lots of great twists and turns and great action pieces.Well done Elyse I am now moving onto book 2 and I hope you are well into writing book 3 keep up the great work.
The Hunt for Xanadu is about a young woman whose past is hidden in shadows and myth, although it is set in today's modern world.

I love the fantasy element of this story, where the imagination strives to bring the reader into realms that feel real. The writing style is excellent and the characters were realistic and believable. I would have preferred to have seen more of the fantasy world, but still it was a great plot brought alive by those characters.

Oozing with talent, this author brings forth yet another exciting story.

Recommended.
on 18 March 2014
I am an avid reader and I am always on the look out for new authors and their books. My latest discovery is Elyse Salpeter and her latest book called The Hunt For Xanadu with the main character being a young woman called Kelsey Porter who is orphaned at a young age and is adopted by friends of her parents. The book takes us on a thrilling journey from New York, Columbia and to Tibet; where as a young woman, Kelsey tries to find answers to events that have happened to her in the past. I found this book riveting and since it states that it is a series, I can't wait for the sequel.