Customer reviews

Hunger (Gone Book 2)
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.49

on 30 May 2015
This book was so good. It had everything needed from a dystopian novel. What I've read of The Gone series is really amazing. I honestly dont think that there has been any other series I've read where someones been dead, or almost dead, then alive, then not, as much as in the Gone series, and i dont usually, well, ever write reviews, but when I do... BAZZINGA!! But seriously, I completely recommend this book and you would be crazy not to like it or at least be interested. Of course there are things that could have been done differently, like with almost every book, but that doesnt take away from the fact that this book left me spellbound with the amazing plot and interesting, if not a little shady and cynical, or in Drake's case downright psychotic (but truth be told, he made it even more fascinating to read). Michael Grant used so many different aspect of real life, things that most adults don't go through (but then I wouldnt know I'm only 14) to show how fast these kids had to growup, and reading this I completely forgot that these kids were my age! Michael Grant used faith, religion ( but didnt thrust it on anyone), and hope as personalities that came along with all the character, and all these aspects really MADE the story. In concludion this book is greater than my wildest dreams(my dreams are pretty great) even though I say that about alot of book, until I read a next book, and so on, but no book has ever compelled me to write a review but the plot and premise of this book really intrigued me. truth be told, a few characters didn't really have any depth so I don't know how that would sit with older audiences but I found this quite cool.
on 6 September 2011
This is an excellent fast paced series of books that will engage even the most reluctant teenager. The main character will appeal to boys particularly. There are certain parts of the books that are not suitable for younger readers so parents may want to read the books first. You never know they may even enjoy it themselves!
on 20 August 2017
For granddaughter she read the first and was hooked
on 21 June 2017
Just as riveting as "GONE".
on 27 April 2017
still reading but so far so good
on 29 May 2013
OK by the end of this I'd had enough of thee kids but it is well written in that it keeps you reading on - I can see why the YA market liked them and why there are so many more but I think I will stop here.
on 28 November 2016
great book! highly recommended
on 14 August 2013
not quite as good as the "hunger games" or "the knife of never letting go" (couple of free plugs there) but still a very good story, well told.
I fully intend to read the next books in the series.
on 28 December 2015
Amazing book love it hooked from start to end
on 12 April 2017
It's a pretty good sequel, but I feel it was a bit rushed. They are a few parts which didn't need to happen and did and vice versa. Otherwise great!