The Hundred Years War: England and France at War C.1300-c.1450 (Cambridge Medieval Textbooks) Paperback – 12 Jan 2008
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
'Allmand writes lucidly, does not talk down, and is the master of his subject, as familiar with the primary sources as with the modern literature. The information, analysis and judicious comment which he packs into only 172 pages of text makes The Hundred Years War a model of its kind.' The Times Literary Supplement
'Dr Allmand writes well on the progress of the war, and in one or two important respects revises Perroy's influential narrative. The distinguishing feature of this book is, however, the attempt to place the conflict in a wider social, economic and cultural setting … Probably never before for the English reader has the Hundred Years War been placed in a broader context.' History
This is a comparative study of how the societies of late-medieval England and France reacted to the long period of conflict between them commonly known as the Hundred Years War.See all Product Description
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
The main problem with it is: First chapters are way better, both in data and writing, but the more you progress towards the last page, the text becomes more unsubstantial and boring, with some chapters -imho- that are not even worth reading, specially the last chapters, wich are full of void considerations and interpretations of no interest at all.
Anyway, don't hesitate to give it a try if you are not into the subject. I wish the author could write another version of this without the last 30 pages.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Academic History
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Anglo-Saxon 500-1000
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Black Death
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Ireland
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Norman and Medieval 1001-1500
- Books > History > Europe > France
- Books > History > Europe > Hundred Years' War
- Books > History > Europe > Vikings, Dark Ages, Medieval Europe 501-1500
- Books > History > North America
- Books > History > World History > 501-1500