Humax FOXSAT-HDR Freesat+ 320GB HD Digital TV Twin Tuner HD Recorder - Installation Recommended (Old model)
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- FOXSAT-HDR Satellite HD Digital Television Recorder - INSTALLATION RECOMMENDED
- freesat HD and SD channel recording
- Simultaneous viewing of one channel and recording another channel
- Record 2 channels at the same time
- Receive HDTV signals (MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 and MPEG-2)
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
The new Foxsat HDR is a freesat receiver with the ability to record your favourite freeview TV programmes on its impressive 320GB hard drive. With its sleek black design, this Humax set top box would not out of place next to any modern TV equipment. The Foxsat HDR 320GB hard drive gives you the capacity to record over 160 hours in standard definition or over 80 hours in high definition.
Dual freesat tuners allows you to pause, record and rewind live TV record one channel whilst watching another, or even record two channels whilst watching a prerecorded programme. The Foxsat HDR is DUB-S and DUB-S2 compatible and supports connectivity for HDMI, ethernet, and opitical audio as well as the ability to record MPEG-2, MPEG4 H.264 broadcasts.
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
The validity of the many comments about how awkward it is to use depend upon your personal background. If you are a Unix computer whizz it will all seem pretty simple; on the other hand if you are uncomfortable around technical gadgets, you will struggle with some of its excellent functionality. Those are the two extremes of course, most of us fit somewhere in between.
If you are at or near the non-tecchy extreme you might want to consider paying up and sticking with $ky....
For most people I believe it is definitely worth persevering, because you get many advantages over a Sky+ box:-
* picture quality - even SD is superb on a good quality TV (noticeably better than Sky for me)
* proper support for radio programmes (EPG and point and select record functionality)
* availability of folders - highly desirable with a large disk
* ability to connect a flash drive for copying to and from external media (with a USB connector on the front of the box, so you don't have grovel round the back each time you want to connect)
* ability to store and play back mp3 and jpeg files (kept in separate areas of the disk from TV progs.)
* buttons for skip forward and back during playback (duration can be customised)
and of course - no monthly subscription to pay!
Now for some tips that may help you reduce the learning curve:-
(I take no credit for most of this info.Read more ›
When my video went on the blink, thanks to my son, I decided to take the plunge and get rid of Sky.
To get this box working I needed a new cable which was about £90 - dual cables like Sky+ for this box . I live in a tenement block and there is no way I'm going up on the roof!
Availability was poor for this in early 2009, and I had to wait 3 weeks or so after ordering it from Comet, who for once were the easiest retailer to deal with - they didn't even push their warranty!
I've been very pleased with the box so far, the initial tune was easy, once I'd realised you put in the Post Code like you were using a mobile phone, the box seems to retune when there are new channels without you doing anything.
The recording is easy and very useful, much better than a Video Recorder and the picture quality is good. Channel selection is good, and I'm watching more Film 4 and BBC 3/4, the only channel I miss is Paramount Comedy and we mostly watched 'Sex and the City' reruns on that.
The only niggle is the remote, the controls are grouped strangely and the often used buttons are frequently smaller and harder to find than the obscure ones. Also you need to point the remote right at the box. On the plus side the remote has codes to be used for your TV and DVD players (it's a universal remote). They need to let an interface expert loose on it, either that or borrow as much as they can from the Sky remote, without getting sued!
In short well worth it, great to be shot of Sky and their money grabbing ways. If you're a big sports fan you may be stuck with Sky but otherwise come on in the water's fine.
Good points about the product:
1. Outstanding picture quality, in both HD and SD.
2. Simple to set up. I just removed all the cables from the Sky+ box that I was replacing, plugged them all back into the Humax, ran autotune and it took less than 3 minutes to be up and running. Even though I live in London, by entering a Welsh postcode I was able to get the Welsh channels and regional variations at the top of the list.
Bad points about the product:
1. The menu interface is extremely unintuitive, and the manual is dreadful. I have had the box for a few days and have still not worked out how to store and access my favourite channels.
2. The remote control handset is ugly and user-unfriendly. The buttons are too small, there are too many of them and the layout is a puzzle. The buttons to start and stop recording are particularly small and hard to find.
3. The box takes a good 15-20 seconds to wake up from stand-by.
In summary, an excellent piece of technology let down only by poor design in its menus, software, manual and handset. I'm not sure it fully deserves its near-mythical reputation.
NB - Several sales assistants told me I would need to re-align my existing Sky dish, or get a completely new satellite dish, in order to watch TV via Freesat. That is absolutely not true. You can simply plug all your existing cables into this box.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I am delighted with this machine. It does exactly what I require with no fuss. It worked straight from the box and was delivered, beautifully packaged really promptly. Read morePublished 2 months ago by tonydunbar44
I've had one of these boxes for several years. Picture quality is good, but support from Humax is poor. It should be noted that iplayer support on this box finishes in Sept 2016. Read morePublished 3 months ago by CJ Rowland
1st Problem caused by fan controller causing overheating and shut down. So ran rewired the fan to run at full speed at all times (noisy). Read morePublished 4 months ago by Amazon Customer
Very pleased with the article I received,and the speed of delivery. Thank you. Mayfair.Published 9 months ago by mayfair