Human Resource Management: a contemporary approach Paperback – 30 Jan 2007
There is a newer edition of this item:
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
The expert authors of this leading textbook adopt and encourage a critical view on contemporary developments in human resource management, exploring a range of questions including:
· What effect does globalisation have on the practice of human resource management?
· How is HRM developing in the rapidly growing economies of China and India?
· Why are skills and knowledge so crucial to an organisations competitive advantage?
The text covers the most pressing and topical themes and debates of today HR strategy, gender and diversity, and employee rights, involvement and participation whilst covering in depth the theory and practice of the operational aspects of HRM. The final part of the text compares trends in HRM around the world, with a particular focus on India and China, as well as the influence of multinational corporations on the practice of HRM.
Regular invitations to 'stop and think', questions and activities, and recommended further reading enable you to learn and research effectively. And a wealth of relevant and appealing case studies and examples include:
- human resource planning for the London 2012 Olympics
- online selection testing at Cadbury Schweppes
- employee motivation at Harley Davidson
- career development at soft drinks giant Britvic
- talent spotting and the corporate boot camp at multinational GE
Human Resource Management is written for undergraduate, postgraduate and MBA students, as well as those studying for the CIPD qualifications.
Top customer reviews
A must for any one considering a career in Human Resources.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Look for similar items by category