- Amazon Student members get an extra 10% off this product Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Human Genetics, second edition Paperback – 30 Aug 2009
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
"This revised edition of Human Genetics covers an impressive variety of topics within the field, and would certainly be suitable for an audience ranging from basic science undergraduates to people working within genetics in the medical profession...The comprehensive list of internet sites directs the reader to many other well recognised resources for further information. In the age of information overload via the internet, such a list is incredibly valuable for helping students assess the quality of the information they are retrieving from online sources." - Dr Sally Chappell, IJMEG "This book acts as a good reference and revision guide for those working in the genetics field or for those new to genetics. It would also be useful to undergraduates in biomedical sciences." - C. Kirwan, Human Genetics "The authors have done a commendable job of updating the remarkable advances in molecular genetics of the past few years..." F. Clarke Fraser, AJMG Part A
...The authors have done a commendable job of updating the remarkable advances in molecular genetics of the past few years, ranging from new epigenetic insights, through automated techniques for high through-put screening, to the use of microarrays in molecular cytogenetics... --American Journal of Medical Genetics, Part A, July 2010
About the Author
BSc DipRCPath, Principal Scientist, Regional Cytogenetics Centre, Southmead Hospital, Bristol, UK.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
So to conclude I think this book covers the key areas of human genetics and is easier to read than some of the text books on the subject without skipping important details. I am very pleased with this book.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Genetics
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Education > Higher Education
- Books > Science & Nature > Popular Science > Genetics
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Biology > Genetics
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Basic Medical Science > Medical Genetics