Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 12 July 2017
No complaints
on 20 July 2017
Excellent condition both toy and book. But much smaller than I thought.
on 6 April 2017
GREAT !
on 17 February 2016
Ok book still much prefer all the Julia Donaldson books
on 14 July 2015
It's not a box set. It's a book and a small soft bear. Box set implies that it's a set of the books. It's one small book. Not worth the money for what it actually is.
on 27 January 2015
As a parent and a teacher, I can honestly say I have profited immensely from this book. The illustrations themselves are wonderful and funny, and being a writer myself, I do know how much they matter. If the pictures are appealing, the picture book gets the readers. But if it has a good story, it keeps the readers interest and makes him want to read more. Hugless Douglas is a tender, simple, loving story about the importance of a thing as simple as a hug, yet thoroughly important. There is no violence, no bullying, Douglas is not a superhero and nothing pops out of a book. But, and this is more important, when you finish reading it to your children, they want to hug the whole world, they want to read and create stories and they want to take you by the hand for a walk in the forest. Absolutely perfect all around! PS: the final pages, with all sorts of hugs listed, are the immaculate icing on the cake - deliciously created and never ever dropped from reading Hugless!
on 6 September 2011
Every night i ask my son what story book do you want to read and every night I get the same reply hugless douglas, I have to say when I flicked through it I wasnt sure he was gong to like it but its captured his imagination and he loves to hear how douglas finds his perfect hug. Great read and cant wait for the release of dont worry douglas in the hope we can have a change for a few nights!!!
on 18 January 2013
This is one of my favourite books! It is a lovely simple story and the illustration is, as always, gorgeous. My children's favourite part is in the back of the book where there are 20 or so illustrations of the characters in the book hugging in a variety of fun ways. They particularly like the descriptions that accompany the hugs, 'Daisy chain hug', 'unrequited hug' and I shan't spoil any of the others .... Just get yourself a copy of the book!
on 24 August 2013
My son had been asking for this book for a while (after seeing it in advertised inside another of his Douglas books), and I finally ordered it for his birthday. I admit I was disappointed to see how small the book and bear were when they arrived (book approx 17x17cm, bear about 15cm tall) but my son was happy enough with both, and is always a favourite story for bedtime.
on 5 June 2012
My four year old absolutely loves this and can read it using the pictures as prompts. It is a simple little story, but it is good and amuses little ones. My son particularly likes the poor little owl which ends up all ruffled up after one of Douglas' over enthusiastic hugs! The board book is a good idea as his other well-loved paperbacks are now looking very dog-eared.