Customer reviews

1,037
Format: Electronics|Change

on 30 August 2013
Arrived VERY fast; ordered evening and arrived the next morning, well done amazon :-)

This is the 'basic' end of the Hoya range. There are pages and pages of photographic reviews, and too be honest I would expect the far more expensive ones to perform better, however, as an excellent quality 'lens protector' and UV filter this one is very good.

I have not noticed any light flare or lens aberration, so one would assume this is how well it mounts to the lens (the lens design) it works very well on my Sony Lenses without any issues.
Much thinner than some alternatives, so the lens cap etc still fits.
With the High Quality HOYA brand, it is easily worth just a few pounds more than any other cheaper filter rubbish.

*TIP* be aware there are LOTS of fake ones out there; this one is genuine; sold, and fulfilled, by AMAZON direct so worth the assurance.

I WOULD recommend this filter.
on 1 February 2016
I find UV filters indispensable whenever I buy a new lens or camera. This is to fit my Fuji bridge camera, with the filter screwing perfectly into the thread, with no jar or wobble once fitted. The quality of the glass is excellent, as you'd expect for Hoya and the coating is absolute and perfectly applied, with a slightly green/purple sheen. It is obviously not scratch resistant, but it still does repel light abrasions and as well s acting as a first line of defence to your lens prevents glare and bright castes from dulling your photos.
on 13 December 2016
The best filter brand in my opinion. Great mechanical and optical quality, no complaints. Not the cheapest, but affordable and worth paying for quality.
on 20 March 2017
I only purchased this on the Sunday and it came through my letter box on the Monday, this could never be any faster, the product is better than I expected, very good value for the money, I am now thinking of buying two more of these filters with others, I like my filters to use for all weathers which does make a better finish of your photograph and for the cost why spoil your photos, with the product and the company selling these filters I just could not aske for more, Thank You Seller, Don
on 7 December 2016
I use this filter to protect my Olympus pro 40 - 150 f2.8 zoom lens. It was really easy to fit, has no effect whatsoever on image quality, and looks really smart and slim.

It's comforting to know that I have protected my expensive lens against minor nocks and abrasions.
on 11 July 2017
I use this for nightclub photography to keep my L series lens protected from the front. It's relatively slim (I've only ever seen one thinner filter to be fair) and does the job I want it to do. It's reasonably priced too I think.

Never been disappointed by Hoya so would highly recommend if you are looking for something to protect your pricey lens.
on 9 August 2017
As with every other Hoya filter I've bought, this is excellent quality, comes well packaged and simply does exactly what it's supposed to do, to an excellent standard. I haven't tried other brands for screw in filters, simply because Hoya has been unfaultable, so I cannot offer a comparison, but I'm confident this will satisfy all.
on 20 August 2017
I find it very easy to operate and as commodity description. I am satisfied with it, I will recommend to friends! Super fast shipping. The item is really great. you won;t be regret. Well made I will probably end up buying another set or two for the holidays. A company that stands by its product
on 21 July 2017
The filter does what it should, which is to protect my valuable lens without impacting on the quality of my shots. All good and would recommend.
on 26 April 2017
Does the job well for Nikon B700 camera.