Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Fitbit

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 11 Feb 2008, 14:38:47 GMT
CharlotteM says:
How does Jonas know who the Breed mates are, everyone always refers to him as knowing and he always admits to it. Does he have a big list somewhere or is it genetics? He always sends breeds on the right mission to cross paths with there mates how does he do it, did I miss the book where that was explained.....

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Mar 2008, 00:07:35 GMT
dragonlady says:
I don't know but I think you could be excused for missing the information somewhere along the line. There are so many series now published by LL of the "Breeds" stories that I am now getting rather confused. Characters from Wolf Breeds are mentioned in books about the Feline Breeds (both series published by Ellora's Cave) and vice versa. I cannot remember which information I read where! Now we have a new Feline Breeds series published by Berkely (or has LL merely switched publishers) and I am not sure whether this runs concurrently with the original series or after. Certainly other characters from different series are mentioned. And then there's the new Coyote Breeds series........ where does this tie in?

Having said all this I thoroughly enjoy each book on its own merits. It's just that I feel the concept of Breed Society as LL portrays it is getting so huge that we need some sort of "dramatis personae" in each book, possibly stating which stories incidental characters have appeared in. As things stand at the moment I sometimes get quite frustrated when I know I have read about a character and just cannot place in which story or where the books in which I have read about them fit into a timeline. If anyone has worked out a timeline yet I would dearly love to know.......

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Jun 2008, 03:59:39 BST
Last edited by the author on 18 Jun 2008, 04:00:42 BST
silversea86 says:
The Breeds stories started at Ellora's Cave publishers (Tempting The Beast, The Man Within, etc.) and run side by side with the Berkely publishers books (Megan's Mark, Harmony's Way, Tanner's Scheme, Dawn's Awakening, Mercury's War). So you get characters like Jonas and Dash Sinclair (Elizabeth's Wolf), as well as various other feline, coyote, and wolf breeds showing up in both sets of stories. It helps to read them in order because the stories are peppered with references to each other. Sometimes it's not big deal, but in Dawn's Awakening, it was particularly annoying.

As for Jonas knowing how to pair people up, maybe it will come out in a later book, but for now, he's a man of mystery -- and the breeds' yenta, apparently.

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Jul 2010, 14:37:45 BST
K. Ross says:
I think there is some kind of scientific reasoning behind it. Everyone who comes in contact with the Breeds and the Breeds themselves are put through some genetic testing to see if they can find their mates. Jonas is always trying to manipulate the mating to his advantage, but his heart is in the right place ! think ;) !
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  11 Feb 2008
Latest post:  23 Jul 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

This discussion is about
Dawn's Awakening: A Novel of Feline Breeds (Berkley Sensation)
Dawn's Awakening: A Novel of Feline Breeds (Berkley Sensation) by Lora Leigh (Mass Market Paperback - 23 May 2008)
4.4 out of 5 stars (10)