on 22 April 2004
Interested in the cosmos? Got some physics? (Thanks Mrs Perry, I'm sorry I was such a dunce, but I was a FASCINATED dunce). Have you tried to wrap your head around the concept of space being curved, and found your brains curdling and your knees turning green? If so, this is the book for you. Forget those rubbery sheet models, this writer knows how to make you SEE how space could be finite and saddle shaped (my favourite), or flat and infinite. Every model she describes is completely comprehensible, even if you don't have elucidating dreams about it like I did..... This is an excellent, human-sized read, written by a woman with a real life and a handle on both her everyday experience AND the mind-bending mysteries of life, the universe, etc.

No really, it could be saddle shaped... like a Pringle....... honest....
on 22 October 2002
A wonderfully understandable and personalised diary. Touches on most, if not all relevent theories in the field, but in a way which us mere humans can understand. Excellently written.
on 6 October 2014
I really enjoyed this personal and intimate journey through life and physics. I struggled to understand some of the concepts dealt with but enjoyed the book no less for that - a testament to Janna Levin's light and easy storytelling style. I discovered the author through the 'Moth' storytelling initiative and I would recommend anyone who loves good storytelling to check out this iniative further.
on 28 July 2015
Brilliant thank you
on 7 November 2012
For incredibley brilliant daughter who just has not read it yet but maybe I will soon as it looks pretty good