Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Fire Tablet Shop Kindle Blind Boys of Alabama Shop now Fitbit

Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 2 May 2017
My son loved this book.Arrived promptly.
on 2 May 2017
Bought this for my 8 year old grandson who said it was 'epic'!
on 26 July 2017
my son loves these books
on 8 January 2010
I love the book "How to Break a Dragons Heart" because, I like the humour in it and the language (fun words, child friendly words, great use of expression). The cliff hangers leave you wanting more, the storylines (there are many books in the series)are always interesting and are about something different each time, lots of adventure. I enjoyed the fact that they were about Vikings and swords and ships and dragons. The characters are always really cool and I like the descriptions used for them.

The books prove that even if your small, bullied or really young you can always be a hero-no matter what! I like the way that Cressida Cowell uses a different font for Dragonese (dragon language), Hiccup (the main character) can also speak this language and there is a great, fun example of this in the back of the book. There is a hilarious conversation between Hiccup and his dragon Toothless. The characters all have really weird, imaginative names like Big Boobied Bertha or Hiccup Horrendous Haddock The Third. My two favourite names are Camicazi (Cam-ee-caz-ee) and Stoick the Vast, because they stand out and are very different to most of them.

I would recommend this book (and the others in the series) to ages 7-12yrs because I really love this book and any one could get pulled into from the ages recommended. There's something for everyone, humour, action, drama, romance (just a bit) and a few blood thirsty battles!
on 4 May 2010
I absolutaly adore this book. It is so exciting! With every flick of the page I was hooked. I encorage you to read this book because it is so amazing. One minute Hiccup is going to plummit to the ground the next he is going to be eaten. I have bought the other few books aswell and I hope they are just as good as this one. I love ,this book and I hope you enjoy it as much as I have. Thankyou for this wonderful book. x
on 15 July 2017
Quality product cheap price
on 5 October 2009
I've now bought all the books in this series for my 11 year old brother in law who absolutely loves them. We've read some of them together at bedtimes and I cannot count how many times he has re-read them (he's only had them all for a few weeks!)

The stories are imaginative, the characters are interesting and funny, the illustrations are brilliant and it's something unlike anything else out there right now. I'd put these right up there with books from Roald Dahl and Enid Blyton.
on 9 January 2010
We've been fans of the Hiccup series from day one - we have all the books AND all the audiobooks too (the readings by David Tennant are superb).

This instalment doesn't disappoint - it has excitement, jokes, great dialogue. It also shows how the author is growing as a writer. Some of her descriptions in this books are beautifully poetic, and she deals with matters of tragedy and heartbreak in language that is accessible to young readers without ever dumbing down. Definitely the best in the series so far.
on 7 January 2010
hi readers - we (my eight and eleven year old sons) have a great Dad reading thing going on....I read these to them most nights. They love these books - real boys adventure books - good depth of English going on with good plots. Even better, the author introduces the characters (albeit a little lightly) in every book no matter where you join in the series. The writing is exciting and funny...I often end up laughing as I read.

recommended for reading to kids or letting them read them on their own.
on 25 September 2009
My son loves this, and reading over his shoulder I can see why: it's got the suspense and the humour of the earlier books in the series, and at the same time seems to be deepening a bit. We'll have to fill in the ones we've missed while waiting for the next book, I see.