on 19 October 2016
I purchased this book in preparation for my interview and assessment day with the London Fire Brigade. The book is an easy read and offers lots of tips and good advice to help you submit a good application form through to how to prepare for your interview and assessment day.
I am pleased to say that I passed my interview and assessment day first time! The interview prep questions in this book were very similar to questions I was asked in my interview - This book is a must if you are serious about joining the Fire Brigade. Good luck.
on 13 September 2016
Great selection of topic and very deep through informations
on 18 October 2013
After failing my last interview to become a fire fighter a friend who did manage to get the job put me on to this book, he said if I really want to get in then treat this as my bible and he was right this book covers everything frpm the basic what is a fire fighter to what the job entails to the top 10 tips to get the job to right the applications and survive the interview, it even gives you a great set o tips to get to physically fit to get you through that test as well. If you want to be a fire fighter then this is your bible and a must have to get you ready for the job. Now I know i'm really ready for my next interview
on 23 June 2017
Good book and some very good content in it. Helps prep for interviews and selections. A good aid for a tough selection process.
on 29 March 2014
This book really goes into depth with the interview and training process and with all this information coming from an ex fire-fighter i fully recommend this and the other books in the how2become range.
on 29 November 2016
I brought this book as i was unsuccessful at the application stage and i felt like i needed to read something to help me get a better chance of getting in. First of all, the book came really quick. I ordered it two days ago (i think, maybe 3) and it came today! I haven't read the book yet but i have scanned a few pages just to see what is in it and i must say, the book is very understandable, helpful and provides the information you need! As well as that, the size of it is great! And the quality is amazing. I really recommend to people wanting to join the fire service
on 7 July 2015
I recently purchased this book in the hope of becoming a Fire-Fighter, I found the materials very useful and would certainly recommend this to anyone. Honestly, I have also purchased other materials from this company and found it to be on the mark and you can see that the owner not only has the experience to validate his materials but also has clearly done some effective research into current selection processes.
on 27 October 2016
Excellent, I purchased this for the sole reason of getting the PQA section of the application right, my application was accepted and I'm on to the next stage so absolutely thrilled. The bonus being that this book has also given me lots of other really helpful points that I would not have considered had I not read them here moving forward. Absolutely invaluable. Thank you.
on 11 October 2016
This book is a great asset to learning about how to become a Fire Fighter. There are examples and information about the application form. There is sample questions and answers for the written tests and useful information for the Interview. I would highly recommend this book to anyone thinking of becoming a firefighter or anyone who is in the process of applying.
on 26 June 2015
A very thorough read, it has helped my confidence with getting my dream career and the skills from this book which are highly transferable for other public sector jobs it helped me with a Police application actually, the PQA's are vital to applying for an emergency service role (Personal Quality Attributes)