on 26 August 2015
I have recently split up with the father of my child, and found myself to be very stresses, my anxiety levels were through the roof, and I felt abit lost. I have read other books, but I felt that they were talking at me, and felt no connection. I enjoyed this as I felt that finally someone was saying that it's ok to be stressed but here's some help to understand why. I also like how it's a short book too, as in my state of mind at the moment, there wasn't too much to read and it just gets straight to the point. I needed a book like this to give me different ways to deal and to know why I react to situations like I do, and to find a solution myself. Good read
Somehow, sometime in our social evolution, someone built stress into the fabric of our society - constant competition, constant comparison, constant ambitions relating to the most mindlessly crazy things. We've all stopped living like animals and taken up living like cogs in some insane machinery instead, and it's killing us almost as fast as we can kill ourselves by other means. Stress is that serious a problem. I don't want to get too hippie about this but does it really matter what car you drive and how often you re-model the country estate - or does it matter that you occasionally watch the sun rise, or the moon set or your dog playing?

This is a practical book addressing the journey you need to make, tout suite, a la quick as you can, from being a cog and a consumer and one of a sick society's listed assets to be being an animal, an individual, a happy, healthy and useful humanl with time to breathe and time to stand and stare once in a while. This book helps you to listen to yourself again - maybe even to hear yourself for the first time, and to regard yourself and your needs and wants as important.

Highly recommended.
on 12 August 2014
This is an important book for anyone suffering from anxiety and stress. Also, for those who suffer depression brought on by the complications of modern life. This book is chock full of useful techniques and advice that will help you develop coping mechanisms and improve the quality your life.
on 14 January 2016
Personally, I felt this book was a let down and am not even sure I would call it a 'book'... More a long essay or dissertation (that wouldn't get good marks). The stress relief tips such as getting a pet (!) or taking up meditation almost belittle the harmful and negative impact of stress, and aren't really ' the answer' if you are suffering long term high levels of stress and\or your life is spiralling out of control as a result. I think other books are probably better able to deal with this subject in a better, more helpful way, and certainly with better examples.
on 12 November 2014
The book wasn't as good as I thought it would be. Although there was some good tips and things. I though it would come as a normal book, but it was more of a hard paper leaflet! Which was dissapointing.. Overall I give three stars. It came earlier than expected!
on 28 January 2016
The little gem for me was where the author referred to someone being like a hamster in a wheel - summed up exactly what I was doing worrying about what someone else was thinking! Title may be a bit misleading as it isn't, I don't think, about what other people are thinking - more about how what you are thinking affects how you feel in any given situation. Well worth reading.
on 2 May 2016
I found that this book told me what I already knew. A lot of time is spent reading about the background and causes of stress with limited information about solutions.....unless you buy the author's advertised follow up books!
on 31 January 2015
Overly simplistic. Anyone who is able to use Google could have 'written' this book by copying and pasting paraphrases about stress from the internet. The author must be laughing all the way to the bank.
on 16 February 2015
Disappointing. I bought this and another of the author's books together, because of all the good reviews, but I found no fresh insights here, and didn't find the author's style at all engaging. It seems to me that Simeon Lindstrom has developed a formula for repackaging popular 'wisdom' in a brief way and is probably making a good living from doing so. Also, the book (booklet?) itself was poorly produced; the covers soon curled back.
on 13 August 2014
This book was just what I needed! I deal with extreme anxiety issues and sometimes I feel like I'm so busy worrying about things that I get in my own way, but I couldn't figure out how to stop. This book really helped me view things in a new way and gave me the tools I need to, like the title says, stop worrying and start living. Of course, reading the book is not enough. You have to apply what you learn. Also, it can take time to change old habits--even old thought habits!--so I may have to re-read this a few times and make a conscious effort, but I really do believe it will help. It's certainly given me a more positive outlook on things.