on 26 November 2015
My partner is using this as bed time reading at the moment and every few moments he keeps telling me how useful and worthwhile this book is going to be to us!
on 29 June 2013
Good read, covers what one might come to expect in a challenge of this magnitude. However, more information on the cost and lack of choice, on materials might be an idea. Labour cost for trades men is truly prohibitive, thats why there is such a thriving area for the black economy. Some doggie dudes out there, on the make.
on 30 November 2005
This book was very intresting, stating all the facts you need to know when tackling those unsure of jobs on your French home. The language was simple and easy to understand. There is also a list of French translations at the back of the book for lots of words you will need to do with the building trade.
The step by step pictures are useful too.
on 1 December 2015
I really like this book and I think it offers good ideas to those taking on a project in France.
on 24 December 2012
Good book with plenty of pictures and easy to follow notes. Very useful to help us renovate our french property
on 14 March 2006
The BEST book by far that i have bought to renovate an old house in France. I have a barn i am converting and it has the most amazing info and pictures. Has average cost breakdowns, other projects. Am absolute gem of a book! Would recommend anyone purchasing a property to renovate in France purchases this book - it is my life saver!
on 19 October 2005
On a positive note I can say that this book is well illustrated and quite an easy read. It may help you understand what your builder is doing but it certainly will not give you sufficient information to complete many jobs yourself. My copy is for sale used. As an alternative a friend has loaned me a copy of "Renovating & maintaining your French home" by Joe Laredo and this is proving to be really informative and comprehensive (also about half the price).
0Comment| 45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 27 May 2016