- Paperback: 191 pages
- Publisher: Hastings House, a division of United Publishers Group; 2nd Revised edition edition (1 Jun. 1996)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0803893787
- ISBN-13: 978-0803893788
- Product Dimensions: 15.2 x 2.5 x 22.9 cm
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,045,965 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
How the Moon Affects You Paperback – 1 Jun 1996
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
The overall tone of the book somehow seems to maintain a balance between skepticism and open mindedness, science and supposition. Do not be fooled; the man is a scientist that is pushing the bounds of the modern displine. I admire his courage and tenacity.
That said, I must admit that I was disapointed by the book. I would have liked to have seen more coverage of folk beliefs, mysticism, and popular culture about the moon being grafted to current research. The book plays with the aspects of science now being able to confirm "what we have always known" but the presentation of popular belief could have been more inspiring and entertaining. Somehow this manages to be a book for the lamen which purportes to be serious science. In the end I found it odd but enjoyable. I can see this book being considered "too scientific" for some and "not heavy enough" for others.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Neuropsychology
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Specific Topics > Mental Health & Illness
- Books > Science & Nature > Astronomy & Cosmology > Astronomy
- Books > Science & Nature > Astronomy & Cosmology > Solar System > The Moon
- Books > Science & Nature > Nature
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Astronomy & Cosmology
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Psychology Textbooks