on 4 November 2016
I found my copy when I was in a charity shop, and then more recently bought a copy for a friend and a copy for my mum via amazon. I can understand why Oprah Winfrey wanted to share this book with the world.

I have read numerous self-development books over the years, sometimes reluctantly, and this one is one of the clearest and most accessible. Gray breaks down into an easy to understand format what other authors of similar material can present in more ambiguous ways.

One large part of the book that I remember most clearly is that of the Love Tanks. We each need to fill each Love Tank, and these are all filled in different ways. If you are someone who thinks that you should be happy because you have a lovely partner, but also feel guilty because you don’t feel as happy as you would expect, then it’s because you are neglecting other Love Tanks besides the one that gets filled by having an intimate relationship. There are 10 Love Tanks that we need to top up regularly, and having a partner will only fill one, but not the other 9.

The first Love Tank is filled by our connecting regularly to a higher source. I am not religious in any way, shape or form, but even I recognise that there is something larger than me at work in the universe. Whatever you call it, be it God, Great Spirit, Grace (or anything else not necessarily beginning with 'G'), there is definitely value in accessing this energy on a regular basis. John Gray, being an American and writing for a predominantly American readership, uses the word God, and he explains that it's because that word has power for him, but he in no way expects his readers to stick with the same. You can simply exchange the word God with whatever works for you.

It was after reading John Gray's book and applying some of what I learned from it, that my life literally turned itself around. Just this spring 2016, I went from being homeless, ill and overwhelmed with stress, to quickly and smoothly being offered, yes offered, a lovely home all to myself that I don't have to pay for, with all the support that I need for my physical and emotional health. I took only very minimal action to allow this to happen. Within weeks of reading this book, working on filling only one Love Tank, and doing a very few simple writing exercises, I started experiencing small miracles regularly, and I still do now. People are constantly helping me, giving me useful information, services and items all for free. All I did was connect with a higher source, and ‘pray’ for help, as well as feel gratitude for whatever I did have. I did not expect it to work, but work it did. I have never had such a consistently smooth "run of good luck" my whole life before now. Maybe it's coincidence, but I believe it is because I have started to fill the first Love Tank. I am quite deaf now, so filling my other Love Tanks will be a challenge, but if this is what it’s like after working a short time on filling just the first one, then only the Great Spirit knows what my future could be like if I manage to fill the others.

There is much more to this book than Love Tanks as well, including dealing with blocks. There are exercises, all very doable, that will help you heal your past.

Honestly, you really cannot know whether this book is helpful or not until you read it and give it a chance. You literally have nothing to lose but a tiny amount of money, and very potentially could gain the life you want too. Just remember that you actually have to do the exercises, and not just read the book.
on 4 February 2014
It is a great book.
The best and most useful one I read so far. I feel I do not need to buy any other "similar" books. My "search" for right book is over.
It is a book that you should read slowly and "practice" what it says.
I am finally ready to change my life for the better.
(John Gray- thank you)
on 7 January 2014
This is a great book that helps you realise what is important and how to appreciate what you have while striving to achieve more. I have read this book more than once and often dip into it, and I have given copies to lots of people.
on 12 May 2012
i was given this book by a friend about 10 years ago. After persevering through a couple of chapters i thought it was a load of rubbish and put it away.
Five years later i began to read it again and this time it transformed my life. this time around I was ready for a change. i had come to the realisation that I needed to change something about me and my way of thinking. The book helped me do that. I am happier now than I have ever been in my life. this book taught me how to be happy.
on 10 September 2017
Very good product, recommendable seller.
on 17 January 2013
Really interesting book which has affected my life in a very good way. I found it easy to follow with pertinent advice for living.
on 17 August 2017
blather
on 13 April 1999
John Gray provides an excellent tool for helping people understand the value in leading a three-dimensional, integrated lifestyle--mind, body and spirit. He does well in helping us realize that success and happiness are not necessarily related. Gray tends to mingle the two terms, but the reader is able to infer that success is an objective measure while happiness is subjective. He could bring more clarity to the fact that success--i.e, where you stand in relation to a particular goal--is measured on one scale and happiness--how you feel about where you stand--is on another scale, thus the two may or may not be related. His view that a dual pursuit of money and inner peace are compatible are somewhat troublesome in that we are not perfect people living in a perfect world. Jesus, himself, cautions against this strategy.
Nevertheless, the elements of building a full, integrated life are carefully laid out with the Four Step approach. Gray supports each of these steps in subsequent chapters, especially as he gives us the critical needs that must be met before we can be whole people.
His section on meditation is particularly helpful, not only in emphasizing its outcomes but in actually telling us how to achieve the results meditation can produce.
I like the book and the author's very personal style. It is more like a conversation than a read.
on 4 May 2009
This book differs from Gray's other books. It is less over the top "Whoa, bang, and then I had a million bucks, and a really good relationship, etc.". There is a bit of this, but the rest is a really good guide to taking on responsibility for your own life with applicable methods to get into the habit of doing so.
on 30 December 1999
I have read quite a few books that examine strategies to effect personal growth. This book proves to be one of the more straight forward, sincere and helpful that I have discovered to date. Once one removes the cap of cynicism, and starts to explore some of the common sense appraoches to spiritual and personal understanding, this book opens doors and windows of the heart and mind that can bring fresh hope, passion and new focus.