How to Win Friends and Influence People in the Digital Age Audio CD – Audiobook, Unabridged
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
I loved it because some of the best tips are also the simplest, such as, if you want to make a good first impression, use someone s name when talking to them --Zest magazine --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
About the Author
Dale Carnegie passed away in 1955 but his voice lives on. Since the 1936 publication of his first book, How to Win Friends and Influence People, he has touched millions of readers.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
The chapter summary is essentially as follows:
- don't focus on problems but solutions
- didn't find fault reaffirm good qualities
- find out what the other people desire and focus on that
- take an interest in other people's interests in order to improve relationships
- smile a lot
- remember people's names
- listen more than talk and do so actively
- talk about things that matter to others even if they don't you
- make others feel good about themselves
- don't argue with others even when you're right
- admit your faults
- begin friendly and don't go in expecting a fight
- tap into the group collective
- allow others to take the glory
- appeal to honest motives and people will support you
- talk with others about your journey
- lead by example, the impossible should be embraced rather than shunned
- say positive things even when giving bad feedback
- acknowledge your faults before looking at others
- highlight your mistakes quickly and don't attempt to hide them
- use questions to lead people rather than telling them what to do
- play down other people's faults in order to influence them
The above are all simple facts of day to day communication but are skills many of us lack. The book essentially focuses on these points and gives case study scenarios through which each are explored.Read more ›
This book is written in a language that is not fluent and hard to read which I think is unnecessary, and also it's a bit like a review of the original book. I bought it instantly as I loved the original as I thought it would be similar in literature, with stories used from recent times, however it has been a dissapointing read.
in fact his most well known books "how to win friends" and
"stopp worrying and start living" made a real difference
to my life and my career!
as i have read this new adaption i was fascinated by its
value! in my opinion some of the original principles
are made even clearer and more precise!
e.g. the original principle "arouse an eager want" was adapted
to "connect to core motives" which makes it even more understandable
and usable for the reader! it makes it even more applicable
for sales-people or everybody wanting to convince others!
i discovered an approach to dale carnegies principles from
an attitude- and value-based sight! it is often stated how important
compassion and altruism is! we know from positive psychology
and other fields how important compassion is! the adapted principles
make it easy to apply this compassionate attitude everyday!
by reading this book (in fact the kindle-edition
which has been released in great britain end of september)
i was reminded of the principles, saw them
clearer and applied them immediately!
i have found my relationships growing stronger
and the athmosphere at work becoming more fun!(in no time!)
read this book and REALLY apply its principles and you will
be stunned by the effects on your relationships and work-life!
Only reason I did not give 5 is for the price they could provide better quality paper as this is not a book to be read just once!
I have expereinced changes in my thoughts, which has since influenced the actions that I am now taking.
What to feel more confident in life? Ever wish you could charm your way through life? Well this book will show you how and much more.
The principles are not earth shattering in themselves and in some ways looking back in hind sight much should have been obvious, but we live in a world where TV and the media feeds us constant lies there are people who react to the world the same way they see people reacting on TV and cannot understand why the world rejects them, its sad but true we do not seem to use all our technology to communicate good well balanced behaviour - but this book does a lot to correct this.
For me it is a real game changer!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Loved the ideas and simple methods to change how we can be effective leaders, have better relationships and make sure they lastPublished 1 month ago by Anoop O.
A over simplification of a bigger picture, is a light version of the original. It covers many aspectsof social interaction but goes in dept with none. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Cosmin Dina
Very little damage as if it was bought from a bookshop! It was better than I expected with only the up right corner folded.Published 5 months ago by Stella.h
Good examples and annalysis covering what actions to take when trying to wins friends and influence peoplePublished 17 months ago by Mr. Eric Sutherland
This book raised some good points, worth a read if you haven't read the 'original'. I think I will come back to this book to refresh my mind from time to time.Published 20 months ago by A reader reacquainted