How to Do Everything with Microsoft Office 2003 Paperback – 1 Sep 2003
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Publisher
- Equally useful as a cover-to-cover tutorial book or as a reference work.
- Highly qualified author: Laurie Ulrich has trained more than 10,000 people to use Office over the past ten years, and is well-versed at explaining complex concepts to a varied audience.
- Full of helpful examples taken from the author's real-world experience, plus valuable tips, tricks, warnings, and suggestions for implementing Office features.
From the Back Cover
Get a first-hand look at the freshest upgrade to Office in years. In addition to beautiful visual updates, Office 2003 offers greater compatibility between applications, significant changes to Outlook, SmartTags throughout the suite for greater consistency, and much more. How to Do Everything with Microsoft Office 2003 provides solutions to using the most powerful tools and features of each application within the suite. Whether you're interest is Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, PowerPoint, or FrontPage, author Laurie Ulrich gives plenty of insights, timesaving tips, and practical examples to help you make the most of Office. Open this amazing resource now and be on your way to ultra-efficient and productive Office 2003 operation!
- Reinvent the basic business letter using Word's various graphics features
- Analyze any kind of financial, statistical, or scientific data in Excel
- Design a persuasive PowerPoint presentation using sound and animation
- Create an efficient and effective Access database for storing and viewing your data
- Manage your time and contacts using Outlook's calendar and email features
- Build an attractive, user-friendly Web site with FrontPage
- Publish your worksheets, presentations, or virtually any Office content to the Web
- Master the entire Office 2003 suite and become a truly powerful, creative user
Top customer reviews
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
The answer is it can't. In fairness to the author, she writes clearly and is good at explaining the basics. This book's 500 pages (110 on Word, 74 on Excel, 50 on PowerPoint, 42 on Access, 38 on Outlook, and 40 on FrontPage) are a good starting point for learning those programs.
What you won't get out of this book are the tips, shortcuts, and workarounds that make using the programs easier. For example, the book devotes only five pages to Word styles, and being a Word afficianado, I happen to know that using styles is the key to mastering Word. The author devotes only two pages to designing a database, which pretty much renders the rest of the material on Access meaningless, since Access databases are useless if they aren't designed properly from the get-go. I feel sorry for anyone who attempts to lay out Web pages in FrontPage using instructions from this book. Only one of the layout tools, the hardest to use, is described.
My biggest complaint about this book has to do with Outlook. Outlook 2003 is radically different from its predecessor. The program (as I learned from another book) offers numerous ways to sort mail as it arrives. This is a godsend for people like me get reams of e-mail daily. But in this book, you won't find a detailed discussion of handling e-mail automatically in Outlook.
At 500 pages, "How to Do Everything with Microsoft Office 2003" is a good introduction to the Office programs. It just doesn't dig down very far.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Lifestyle > Online Shopping > Amazon
- Books > Computing & Internet > Microsoft Windows > Applications > Access > ECDL
- Books > Computing & Internet > Microsoft Windows > Applications > Office
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Business & Home Office > Office Suites
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Business & Home Office > Spreadsheets
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Business & Home Office > Word Processing