From the Back Cover
Create and distribute PDF (Portable Document Format) files using Adobe Acrobat 7.0. This easy-to-follow guide shows you how to generate Adobe PDF files that retain the look and feel of the original documents, share PDFs, initiate and participate in PDF document reviews, and prepare PDFs for print or the Web. You’ll also learn to develop interactive forms, secure your documents, and create PDFs from Microsoft Office and other authoring applications. With coverage of Adobe Acrobat Standard and Professional editions, this hands-on resource will help you take full advantage of the premier paperless publishing and collaboration solution.
- Read and search PDF documents
- Convert virtually any document to PDF
- Capture documents from a scanner, digital camera, or Web page
- Create bookmarks, links, navigation menus, and use thumbnails
- Add digital signatures and document security
- Optimize documents for print, the Web, or other purposes
- Review, edit, and annotate PDFs in multi-author environments
- Create a searchable index
- Create PDF forms using Adobe Designer
- Add multimedia elements to PDFs
About the author: Doug Sahlin is a best-selling author, Web site designer, and Acrobat trainer. He teaches corporations and government organizations how to save time and money by converting paper documents to PDF. Sahlin’s other books include How to Do Everything with Adobe Acrobat 6.0, How to Do Everything with Adobe Encore DVD, and Digital Photography QuickSteps.