VINE VOICEon 6 February 2016
Terrific 'how to' guide filled with great little tips in digestible paragraphs. I was a total novice when it came to even entering an estate agents so this was invaluable. Much better than having a favourite [and slightly eccentric] Uncle to accompany you! In essence it's like having Phil and Kirsty on hand with tips. Favourite line has to be on page 104 where we're warned about sellers who use tempting coffee smells and brand new toasters in their kitchens during a viewing: "these things are like a Wonderbra- once it comes off the reality can be pretty disappointing!".
on 16 July 2014
Really good simple advice for the house buying process - from deciding what you're looking for to keeping your new house standing after you've bought it. It not only explains exactly what happens at each step, but how to minimise the chance of your purchase falling through and how to pick yourself up again if that happens.
Just to reiterate what others have said, this is focused on the residential buyer, not professional investors.
on 12 March 2014
I bought another book on buying houses but it is very detailed and I was getting confused so this book which is a little more straightforward in style and set out in a helpful order of business was a better starting point. I hadn't thought about getting an independent view of my finances, the book made me realise that I was making too many assumptions about what I could afford so I was prompted to get some financial advice. A good book to start you thinking about the process but has enough detail to carry you through to the end.
One person found this helpful
on 17 May 2014
A good book that if you are a first time buyer is helpful and new to buying and selling. It explains the process that goes on with property and has helpful tips.
on 15 July 2014
Just right for our daughter who is looking to buy her own home.
on 30 July 2014
buying a house for our daughter very useful book
on 3 December 2013
Even though this book is coming up for 10 years old there are still some great hints and tips to making your house purchase go smoothly. Easy and entertaining to read. Highly recommended
on 3 December 2014
I like the simplicity of the book! They explain how to buy a house and give simple (but very useful) advice which you can read in a couple or a few hours! Very good value!
on 5 March 2013
A great guide to moving house - it covers all of the basics of moving, is full of tips & things you might not have thought about
on 15 January 2015